Saturn Sky Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
7,014 Posts
Sorry man I learned a long time ago not to gamble in sports, its a losing proposition...:nono:
I agree with you if your betting with the points system.. Heads-up is knowing the team your picking and praying for no upset! :D
Most of my sport betting money was won with the horses. I was able to get to the bar before the 7th, 8th and 9th races from Belmont or Aqueduct racetracks, the bookie there hated me in a someway. :cool:

·
Vendor
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I agree with you if your betting with the points system.. Heads-up is knowing the team your picking and praying for no upset! :D
Most of my sport betting money was won with the horses. I was able to get to the bar before the 7th, 8th and 9th races from Belmont or Aqueduct racetracks, the bookie there hated me in a someway. :cool:
The way the bookmakers lay down points is so accurate sometimes it's scary.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
We are reminded that Superman is a comic book character

So the underdog won this year. Congrats to the Broncos. The best part of the game was the introduction and the Blue Angels flyover. There were a few good commercials but the Halftime Show was atrocious. Low point was the losing QB walking out of his press conference. Panthers had a great season and will be the team to beat next year in the NFC.

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
Anything can happen, but odds are Panthers win. To bet otherwise is foolish. However, strictly regarding betting for money I would bet a little money on the Broncos in the hopes of a huge payout if the odds were severely in favor of Carolina, but Vegas usually makes sure that doesn't happen.
I believe the Broncos covered the spread. Hope you put a little money down. This is why they play the game, anything can happen.

Between you and I my friend how about $50.00 to the winner in our predictions? :D
Sorry man I learned a long time ago not to gamble in sports, its a losing proposition...:nono:
Perhaps not in this case. LOL

So the underdog won this year. Congrats to the Broncos. The best part of the game was the introduction and the Blue Angels flyover. There were a few good commercials but the Halftime Show was atrocious. Low point was the losing QB walking out of his press conference. Panthers had a great season and will be the team to beat next year in the NFC.
I think it was an entertaining game. Not a blow out, but definitely a surprise. Seemed like I felt any moment could be the time Carolina would start mounting a comeback or Denver would make a mistake and the Panthers would be back in it only to see it never materialize. I like the story of Manning going out on top (but, as my friend put it, the Denver defense drug the corpse of Manning to a Super Bowl win) and really think he should (and will) retire.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think it was an entertaining game. Not a blow out, but definitely a surprise. Seemed like I felt any moment could be the time Carolina would start mounting a comeback or Denver would make a mistake and the Panthers would be back in it only to see it never materialize. I like the story of Manning going out on top (but, as my friend put it, the Denver defense drug the corpse of Manning to a Super Bowl win) and really think he should (and will) retire.
Hats off to the Denver Defense. :bow:

There were other contributions to the loss of rhythm... a couple "WTF?" calls that had even the announcers going :confused:, missed field goal, poor special teams performance (in both directions), a few fumbles :banghead:, a few dropped passes, etc...

It was like watching a rusty pre-season team compared to a few weeks ago :rolleyes:

Payton's play wasn't great. Technically (IE by the stats) I don't even think his play was "average". I guess when the other team gets to that "rattled stage" you don't have to play all that great. You can just play "safe". :thumbs:

And the halftime show...? Seriously? Could they possibly make it more girly? :dunno:

121 - 128 of 128 Posts