Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody--
Some buddies at work and I were kicking around the idea of putting a supercharger on the base, 2.4 Sky. I currently drive an ION Red Line (2.0 S/C engine) and don't care for the lack of power, comparitavly, that the Sky has (and I'm not a particular fan or turbos). I was thinking adding a blower to the base case, along with upgrading the suspension, would do wonders for the performance. My ION Red Line just flies, great power under that hood.

So I guess the question is, Can the 2.4 take a supercharger? --Brian

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Hi, everybody--
Some buddies at work and I were kicking around the idea of putting a supercharger on the base, 2.4 Sky. I currently drive an ION Red Line (2.0 S/C engine) and don't care for the lack of power, comparitavly, that the Sky has (and I'm not a particular fan or turbos). I was thinking adding a blower to the base case, along with upgrading the suspension, would do wonders for the performance. My ION Red Line just flies, great power under that hood.

So I guess the question is, Can the 2.4 take a supercharger? --Brian
It does. Mallett is working on one now... from what I hear, they are working on a SEMA release.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It can be done, just a couple things need to be noted. The engine is higher CR then your LSJ engine and is also facing the wrong direction. A blower would have to be sourced that has the correct inlet design because i the one on the LSJ engine was used it would literally be in our cars firewall as is. The CR would have to be dealt with via software/fuel/lower boost. The turbos on the LE5 are showing a lot of potential though for max power wise currently so it leaves hopes for a super kit too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts