Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my story:
Order Chronology....
3-9-06 Called local Saturn Dealer. Put on list to order Sky. He told me I might hear from him by late summer, early fall of 2006. Their allocation of 12 Sky's was spoken for.

4-4-06 My salesman called me and told me I am next in line to order a Sky. My name moved up quickly because others in front of me were holding out for automatic, and/or chrome wheels which are in high demand, short supply.

5-26-06 My salesman called me. Image is in. Make any final order changes. Order confirmed to Saturn that day. Salesman tells me my Sky should be in my driveway in 8 to 10 weeks. August ?! I'll believe it when it happens.

7-6-06 (today) My salesman calls me. My Sky is at the dealership! Came in yesterday! They are doing dealer prep. I can pick it up on Saturday morning! 7-8-06

I never called him, he always called me. He thanked me for being patient. In fact they never even got a deposit from me. I went over the numbers with him this evening. Sticker everything; no un-asked-for add-ons.

I've never driven one, but knew I had to have one the first moment I saw one at the auto show in Cleveland last winter. If you would have told me prior to March of this year that I would be driving a "Saturn" in July, I would have told you you're nuts!

This sure is Fun! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats!! Take some pics when you get it!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Congrats to you....:thumbs: But one question, why 2 days? Dealer preps only take about 2 to 3 hours?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Boy oh boy am I jealous. :willy: How wonderful it that?? Your dealer calls you! and your car in July - WOW! Congratulations on your new car. Enjoy:cheers:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations!
Just wait till you take it for that first drive!
:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They received several cars on this load (two of which were Sky's). I told them I would prefer to pick it up on Saturday anyway so I can arrange my financing tomorrow. Also, lets admit it....part of the fun in this whole adventure is the hunt....the anticipation....the wait......I'm almost sad that it's going to be over. :jester:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Thats great! Now for that first drive-in!! :cheers

ps what vin# are you??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can I come over and touch you... Congratulations!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hipsky said:
...the anticipation....the wait......
So far that is all I have experienced! :willy:

Now get out there and :driving: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Your and my orders were picked up on the same day, and my vin is 4610. I would love it if my car came in early!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hipsky said:
Here's my story:
Order Chronology....
3-9-06 Called local Saturn Dealer. Put on list to order Sky. He told me I might hear from him by late summer, early fall of 2006. Their allocation of 12 Sky's was spoken for.

4-4-06 My salesman called me and told me I am next in line to order a Sky. My name moved up quickly because others in front of me were holding out for automatic, and/or chrome wheels which are in high demand, short supply.

5-26-06 My salesman called me. Image is in. Make any final order changes. Order confirmed to Saturn that day. Salesman tells me my Sky should be in my driveway in 8 to 10 weeks. August ?! I'll believe it when it happens.

7-6-06 (today) My salesman calls me. My Sky is at the dealership! Came in yesterday! They are doing dealer prep. I can pick it up on Saturday morning! 7-8-06

I never called him, he always called me. He thanked me for being patient. In fact they never even got a deposit from me. I went over the numbers with him this evening. Sticker everything; no un-asked-for add-ons.

I've never driven one, but knew I had to have one the first moment I saw one at the auto show in Cleveland last winter. If you would have told me prior to March of this year that I would be driving a "Saturn" in July, I would have told you you're nuts!

This sure is Fun! :)
Congrats:thumbs: You will love it, just be glad you were one of the lucky ones to get your Sky as soon as you did:cheers: there are some here you ordered last year and are still waiting, but for those I can honestly say the wait is worth it:driving:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Congrats! Another Saturn dealer doing things the correct way! Pictures!

·
Registered
23 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
Boy oh boy am I jealous. :willy: How wonderful it that?? Your dealer calls you! and your car in July - WOW! Congratulations on your new car. Enjoy:cheers:
I'm amazed too, my dealer didn't call until he got the invoice, a few weeks before the car was delivered. We ordered ours April 1 & were told it would be here by the end of May. We picked it up July 3. I called a few times, emailed corporate, no one could tell me anything. That was my only gripe about the whole Sky experience. I wanted more progress reports. But she's here now & we love love love her!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts