Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how everyone who has their Sky paid for it- Did you finance it? Lease? How much did you put down and how much are your payments?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
just under 30K..... all options EXCEPT for spoiler. Love my baby.... CASH SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Don't have mine yet, but it will be paid in full when I drive it off the showroom floor. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Final Tally was right at 30k.

I did it as a second mortgage for 24,000 at 5.5% for 5years, and cash for the other 6,000.

My payments are 459/month but I'm just paying 250/every other week to help get it paid off quite early. They calculate the interest daily so paying it every 15days helps save on the interest in the long run and will cut it short by about 8-9 payments off the backend.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh yeah I'm starting to notice that everyone on this forum is older than me and has lots of cash ready to go for a third car. Forbes (or some other upper class magazine) ran an article listing the sky as the perfect "college car" -- if you go to harvard and daddy buys you one! There's no way 99% of american college students could afford one

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I may have the age -- but not the cash... :lol:
I am putting about 5K down.... Payment should be in the low $400's:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Right at $30,000 with everything. Half down....:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
loyal_SL2 said:
heh yeah I'm starting to notice that everyone on this forum is older than me and has lots of cash ready to go for a third car. Forbes (or some other upper class magazine) ran an article listing the sky as the perfect "college car" -- if you go to harvard and daddy buys you one! There's no way 99% of american college students could afford one

I'm 21 and still have 1 more year in college and I will be paying for mine in cash up front. And no, daddy didn't help me with this one. Its called being good at what you do and saving as much as you can.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ruledawg said:
I'm 21 and still have 1 more year in college and I will be paying for mine in cash up front. And no, daddy didn't help me with this one. Its called being good at what you do and saving as much as you can.
awesome....great planning...but were you on a fullride? That always helps!:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm older than dirt - so I'll be paying cash for the new ride. My daughter (a school teacher) thinks I'll look really weird riding around in such a nice car. She says I should be buying a Cadilac.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nah... there's no age limit on good taste! It would be really hard not to look great with a SKY wrapped around you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Paid cash.

It's rained every day since I got it (5/10) and only has 65 miles on it. We had a short dry period on Tues. evening and took it out, put the top down, turned the heat on and off we went. WOW!!!! And did it turn heads! And someone yelled "NICE CAR"! Tomorrow...sunny! Yippee!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I may have the age -- but not the cash... :lol:
I am putting about 5K down.... Payment should be in the low $400's:D
In the same boat, and I'm a college student *still*. Already have my M.E. but going back for more, hehe. I'm putting down 2k, payments in low 400's.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Kit, you must be up in New England?

My sticker was $27,770 and with taxes and all it came to about $29. I traded in my Mustang convertible and financed just over 20K. I went into the dealership with my financing in place already.

·
Registered
314 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
I'm older than dirt - so I'll be paying cash for the new ride. My daughter (a school teacher) thinks I'll look really weird riding around in such a nice car. She says I should be buying a Cadilac.
Getting one for Jack's 60th. Have nearly internally combusted :brentil: but so far have managed to keep mum around our 4 kids. We are really looking forward to the looks on the kids' faces as getting the SKY is a deviation from our usual practical selves. They're all in their mid 20s and the youngest graduates from college next month - perfect timing. My bet is they'll all be excited for us after they recover from the initial shock. We're going to put about 25% down and use equity for the rest.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
kit said:
put the top down, turned the heat on and off we went.
:lol: Your the opposite of me. Hot here so top down and a/c on.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
agirltrucker said:
:lol: Your the opposite of me. Hot here so top down and a/c on.... :thumbs:
HA HA!!! And here I thought I was the only one who runs the a/c with the windows down and sunroof open! :crazy: :lol: I was unsure of what people with convertibles do on a really hot day...you wanna have the top down, but it's too dang hot outside...naturally, you run the a/c with the top down. :thumbs: :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
nscrbug said:
HA HA!!! And here I thought I was the only one who runs the a/c with the windows down and sunroof open! :crazy: :lol: I was unsure of what people with convertibles do on a really hot day...you wanna have the top down, but it's too dang hot outside...naturally, you run the a/c with the top down. :thumbs: :D
You got it cookie....:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts