Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading lots about the topic, Ive clay barred, waxed and polished my car. I've used only microfiber towels, california blade and an absorber for the last 4 months. The products iIve used were mainly Mothers. The problem is that im getting swirls in the paint. How did this happen? Can I get rid of them somehow?

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
rwood411 said:
After reading lots about the topic, Ive clay barred, waxed and polished my car. I've used only microfiber towels, california blade and an absorber for the last 4 months. The products iIve used were mainly Mothers. The problem is that im getting swirls in the paint. How did this happen? Can I get rid of them somehow?
Well when I go thru the process I bathe, then clay, then polish, then seal--There are a lot of products out there, many I am not familiar with. Now mothers is suppose to be a pretty good product. Here is a thread I participated in, go to the web page I posted at autogeek, heck they even sell mothers-But you can perhaps send them an email on what you did and maybe they can recommend something--Scroll down on the thread for my post. BTW, what is a California Blade? Also when I do my babies, it is all by hand, no motors, nuttin fancy, just elbo grease--http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4218

·
Registered
877 Posts
I use symol... great stuff

·
Registered
388 Posts
What are you using to wash your car? Swirls are usually made either with the washing or drying process. Let the water sit on your car for awhile to soften up the dirt. Make sure you have a nice scratch-free wash mitt (such as wool), and all your wax/polish applicators are good quality microfiber. Your car shampoo should have alot of lubrication/conditioner in it so the wash mitt glides over the car and doesn't rub the dirt into the finish. Dry with a good waffle weave microfiber. Swirls can be removed with a good polisher such as zymol. I found a lot of my info at Autopia.com. There's step by step instructions on how to detail your car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
What are you using to wash your car? Swirls are usually made either with the washing or drying process. Let the water sit on your car for awhile to soften up the dirt. Make sure you have a nice scratch-free wash mitt (such as wool), and all your wax/polish applicators are good quality microfiber. Your car shampoo should have alot of lubrication/conditioner in it so the wash mitt glides over the car and doesn't rub the dirt into the finish. Dry with a good waffle weave microfiber. Swirls can be removed with a good polisher such as zymol. I found a lot of my info at Autopia.com. There's step by step instructions on how to detail your car.
A tip I picked up as well -- TWO buckets to wash with -- the soap and clear. You wet the mitt in the soap -- wash then drop it into the clear - squeeze out and go into the soap -- any dirt/scratchy particles stay in the rinse water bucket.:thumbs:

·
Registered
46 Posts
waxing and removing

From working at a car dealership you learn a few things about cleaning cars. One really important thing I learned and applied to my sky is that when you wax your car, never put it on in a circular pattern. Wax in a straight line up and down. Remove the wax the same way you put it on and you shouldn't get swirls. So far I have put wax on my sky probably 20 times and have no swirls at all on it. Also NEVER use a buffer on it. That will give you many many many swirls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts