Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What impact will this software/tracking system on us? Aside from the fall out with any cutover, will there be any advantages or changes we can see? I'm curious. I really like Pontiac.com feature for Locate a Vehicle which lets you see the sticker of available Sols online. Wish that feature would work for Skys once the switch is complete. For now, the most we can get at Saturn.com are Sky VIN #s with the current Locate a Vehicle option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
SkyHope said:
What impact will this software/tracking system on us? Aside from the fall out with any cutover, will there be any advantages or changes we can see? I'm curious. I really like Pontiac.com feature for Locate a Vehicle which lets you see the sticker of available Sols online. Wish that feature would work for Skys once the switch is complete. For now, the most we can get at Saturn.com are Sky VIN #s with the current Locate a Vehicle option.
is this why they are not taking any orders for the automatics right now? i thought is saw something that said that they were doing some kind of switch over.

midnite blue
lsd, chrome wheels,
6-disk cd, automatic
can not order yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
I read in another post on this forum that the official switch over was to take place today. Wouldn't surprise me if that were the reason for not taking orders...whether it be autos or not. Usually with a software migration, the system has to be shutdown for a period of time...so that would make sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Talked to my salesman yesterday. The same old question, WHERE IS MY CAR?????? He advised me that with the new system they can keep better track of the cars. Now, once they leave the plant they have no idea where it is untill the semi pulls up. Supposedly, now they can track them all the way??? We shall see. And here poor skybaby and I sit waiting for ours :brentil:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Sure would be nice if you ordered a car like you ordered a computer from Dell. Place the order by picking the options you want on line. Get email conformation of the order and get an order tracking number. Then follow your cars progress on line and get info in the delivery process. The auto industry has had a hundred years to perfect the delivery system. Whats up with it? No wonder the North American manufacturers are loosing so much market share. They aren't being inovative and not thinking out of the box enough.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Talked to my salesman yesterday. The same old question, WHERE IS MY CAR?????? He advised me that with the new system they can keep better track of the cars. Now, once they leave the plant they have no idea where it is untill the semi pulls up. Supposedly, now they can track them all the way??? We shall see. And here poor skybaby and I sit waiting for ours :brentil:
Pontiac dealers I know were able to do some limited tracking while the cars were in route. It mainly depended on when your vehicle would make it to various places and get rescanned into the system. However once a car was shipped only your dealer could look up it's details, unlike prior to shipping any dealer can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
Sure would be nice if you ordered a car like you ordered a computer from Dell. Place the order by picking the options you want on line. Get email conformation of the order and get an order tracking number. Then follow your cars progress on line and get info in the delivery process. The auto industry has had a hundred years to perfect the delivery system. Whats up with it? No wonder the North American manufacturers are loosing so much market share. They aren't being inovative and not thinking out of the box enough.
:) In a way you do (er did -- or will again -- whatever!) have tracking capabilities.... The black hole is shipping -- once it leaves Saturn's hands (goes to transport, it falls into a black hole because Saturn does not transport -- Someone ELSE transports.
Perhaps the new system will help a bit more but right now with the old -- you knew when it got a VIN and when it was built etc etc... Just when it was coming home was (is) the mystery...:willy:

A Del computer takes about ½ hour to be built. A Sky takes a BIT longer. But we would know when it was built…
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Funny thing I actually called the shipping company (Allied the one that shipped the last 2 SKY's to my dealership) and they were pretty helpful as long as I had the VIN# and I did so I gave it to them and they looked it up on the computer and said ooh sorry either a) we did not get your car yet or b) it is being shipped via another carrier. So this does tell me that if and when the dealership figures who is going to carry the car to them it is an easy phonecall to track it! Too bad I am the one that had to come up with this on my own and the dealership wasn't even helpful on the tracking!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
That was good thinking on your part, Tiger...I would have never thought to contact the trucking company. Good detective work! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
what are the dealers saying about computer updates? Will they have one tuesday?:confused:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top