Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called and told me today that my color, Bluestone was not yet available and to pick another which my wife does not want. I had been looking for an excuse to wait so this is it. I am first in line at my dealer for a Redline.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Blue Sky...just curious about something. In your sig, you state that you plan on ordering Bluestone with black/tan seats with a black top...are you sure this combo is actually available? For the regular Skys, if you ordered the black/tan interior, you had to get the tan top. Maybe that has changed for the RL, but I hadn't heard anything about it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tan top vs black top

The dealer told me the only car color that was not able to get a black top was green. Green has to have tan. Unless he is wrong. We will see when we get to imaging.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did you switch without knowing what pricing is going to look like?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Switching

Yes.
I have the chance to change my mind if it is outrageous. I left my deposit from the SKY. I'm Ok as long as it not much over 5-7K more.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What a gambler! :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
You did the smarter thing. Alot of Solstice owners "ME" are kicking them selfs for not waiting for the GXP. And the trade in would just work out to be a joke.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also am first for a Redline, but if it is too much, I don't have to take delivery of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Blue Sky said:
The dealer told me the only car color that was not able to get a black top was green. Green has to have tan. Unless he is wrong. We will see when we get to imaging.
I'm confused... Is this with the Redline only? Or is this just a restriction with having the tan/black seats?

Our green sky is coming with a black top & black seats. Just curious... :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
here are the available top colors (and restrictions)

Color -------------------------Avail. Top
----------------------------------------------------
midnight blue*************8black(w/ blk. lthr), tan(w/ tan lthr.)
sunburst yellow***********black(w/blk. lthr ONLY)
forest green**************black(" " "), tan(" " ")
black onyx***************black(w/blk/tan lthr., or blk clth),tan(" " ")
silver graphite*************black(w/blk/red lthr, or blk clth)
polar white***************black(w/blk/red lthr), tan(" " ")
silver pearl***************black(w/blk/red lthr, or blk clth)
bluestone****************black(w/blk lthr, or blk clth), tan(" " ")
chili pepper red************black(w/blk lthr, or blk clth), tan(" " ")

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree I had already been thinking about upgrading the engine. Currently I have a MazdaSpeed MX-5 and that 178 HP beats this 177 HP everytime. Over 500lbs lighter curb weight.

·
Registered
192 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Just to let you know, the RL will be a 6 speed. You can change your sig.
You mean you wish it was going to be a six speed. It is advertised as a 5 speed. I am currently driving my Chili Pepper Red Sky and am #5 for the RL. The 5 speed is very adequate. :driving:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
skyguy85 said:
Just to let you know, the RL will be a 6 speed. You can change your sig.
:nono: Not the case. The SKY RedLine will have the same transmission choices as the regular SKY. :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts