Saturn Sky Forum banner

T-Shirts

23K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  sam992 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend. My name is Andy and I'm with ForumWear.com. We provide decals, t-shirts and other merchandise to the forum members in the AutoGuide network.

I'm here to see what kinds of things you folks might be interested in.

The other day I came up with a couple of t-shirt designs and I'd like to see what you guys think.

Let me know!

Andy

See less See more
#37 ·
Thanks for your response IKenn

My guess is he will take a picture of my car, then work around it. Are most of you into it being as close to exact or more of a artistic version. He is a complete shop, so I can have the Tshirts done in any color. Not looking to make money on these, but have to break even on them, so will depend on the reaction after I have a few designs for all to look at.

All ideas are welcome.

#41 · (Edited)
All ideas are welcome.
I truly think you will have to make the final decision as the old saying "you can't please everybody so please yourself" comes to mind. Don't get me wrong there will so many great ideas from everyone, just incorporate them into the final choice and everyone "should" be happy.

The thing that will bother me will be the cost of shipping said item into Canada......... :cheers:

Terry

#42 ·
When he comes up with the ideas, I will post them on here, so everyone really has a say.

Isn't it possible to just mail a letter type envelope to you. Or do they search that kind of stuff. Never sent anything to Canada before. My friend lived in BC and said it was a night mare getting stuff across. I had sold him a trailer, but he got it home. It was registered in California first though.

#43 ·
Isn't it possible to just mail a letter type envelope to you. Or do they search that kind of stuff. Never sent anything to Canada before.
Other Canadians may weigh in also. I am certainly not an expert when it comes to shipping into this country.

It certainly possible to mail a letter here, but when I buy something out of the States, I usually ask that it is sent by USPS instead of a courier. We are responsible for taxes and duty.

On small or inexpensive items the Canadian Postal Service seems to look the other way. I recently ordered a passenger door handle and some key fob covers, both came directly to me without extra charges.

But if something comes by courier, taxes and duty are automatically added as well as something called "customs brokerage" which is as far as I can tell a percentage of the actual declared value.

So the $20 shirt might end up costing $30 with exchange (which can't be helped), higher shipping costs, taxes (which can't be helped), duty and possibly a customs brokerage. :cheers:

Terry

#48 ·
Still trying on this. Numbers control the quickness. I told him I wanted to show something to choose from. He says he will get it soon. Burried with work, I know for sure as I go by a couple times a week.

The idea is a Palm Tree on the left and our car on the right. Working on colors of tee shirts to match our color system. I had wanted to do them in the ink color, but costs too much to do that. Labor hours grow greatly.

He got my car wraped, finished it today. Now just have to bug him as our run is the 10th and 11th of October...

A list of whom might be intested in a shirt. Not trying to make money on these, just doing something for the group. Leave screen name and size would be helpful.

Skersfan XL and L Yellow shirt

#49 ·
Leave screen name and size would be helpful.

Skersfan XL and L Yellow shirt
Windancer (Terry) - XL - Black, Grey or Anything - unfortunately I am in Canada so that may pose a problem :banghead:

#52 ·
Me to Mike. I have a run scheduled for the 11th and 12th of October. He does everything in house, so I am sure he is not worried about it. I am. I will bug him again on Monday so I can get something for you guys to look at. Sorry for the delay on this, I never expected it to take so long. But he did finish my car, so he can not use that as an excuse any longer!!!lol

#55 ·
I plan on giving these out to the people attending our run on the 11th and 12th. After that we can put an order together if anyone is interested. Logo could be changed and different color tee shirts.

Any interest let me know.

I have no idea on the price, but just my cost and shipping. I would think throwing them in the mail is the cheapest and could go to Canada as a gift.

I think it looks like a Sky and not a Solstice. Mike, your thoughts.

We could do multi color but then the art work goes up. I am investing in that so doubtful even at 1.00 profit I could make that up. My guess is not more than 20 will want shirts.

#56 · (Edited)
Here is the image which is not a toon...looks like a Sky to me. See if the members prefer this image...also including an idea...this is under my hood...the Sky on a road...could be rte 66. Just an idea

Regarding the image...just the silhouette..not the words. For some reason, the silhouette cannot enlarge in this post. Go to the first page and view it in reply#6. It can be enlarged there.

Attachments

#58 · (Edited)
I like yours Mike and TS. I will get with Rick and see what is feasible, and realistically priced. I will make a new post when I get them. So possibly get some more views and opinions.

Too much detail makes it hard to do. We had a lot of detail in the Palm Springs shirt and it looks like a blob of black. I am leaning towards TS's idea, but will see if Rick thinks he can get the detail.

#60 ·
Sorry for the long delay. Have not had time to mess with these. Someone mentioned the logo that Sky Pilot uses. I like that, but it is a cartoon.

Mike your first idea would cost a fortune, would have to be screen printed and need at least 4 colors to make it work. Like I said, I am not doing this to make money, but I do not want to cloth everyone for free either.

Going to make a toon shirt, most likely with outline and then different color shirts to make the color of the vehicle. I am having the rear of my car redone in two weeks, having the Saturn bump removed and painted, then wrapped. Will spend some time there during that time frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.