Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want all red lenses Stop by a sign shop that works with Vinyl. They make a red Transparent Vinyl that can be bought for cheap ($2-3 sq/ft) and You can apply it over the entire lens to make it look like the Sky pictured above. I use a Transparent Black version of the same stuff...Its made by a Company called OROCAL. PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually I removed the light from the car and painted and smoked them on the outside of the glass!

I did buy a used tail light off ebay and tested to see if I could open it up but they must be put together with glue of some type cause they don't open up. They may have to be heated to release the glue,tar, but I have no way of knowing how to open up the light without trashing it!

Here is a link to a better picture:
Hello! I was wondering where or how you bought or made your rear Opel badge. Is it still available to purchase somewhere all these years later?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've not studied the lights on my sky real well. But they seam a lot like the factory headlight on my GSXR sportbike. To Pull them apart and modify them you have to put the headlight in the oven. Heat it to 130 ish. Then pull it out and separate the halves. When finished just pop it back together and use silicone to seal it up well.
A fellow who bought my lightly flawed pair of tail lights said just that......bake them in the oven. His plan was to bake and separate the clear lens from the rest, then do something unique with the red reflectors & chrome interior.

It leaves me to wonder how the car stays together in a hot desert condition.
July 10th, 1913 was the hottest temperature ever recorded at 134 degrees. It was in Furnace Creek, Death Valley National Park, CA.

As far as "taste" is concerned, I agree that the stock tail light has too much "bling". A clean red lens like the Solstice would look nicer. But I can surely live with the bling. In-fact, the more often I see it, the less I dislike it. Maybe one day I will actually like it.

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
You have to bake them at 250 for ten minutes, well at least the head lights. I did those the first week I had the car. Have not had any problems with them coming apart. I live near Palm Springs, and it gets pretty hot there.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
My understanding is that the tail lights do not separate with baking, they have to be cut.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts