Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just out of morbid curiousity, I stopped in to a Saturn dealership near I-5 and Magic Mountain Parkway about 45 minutes north of LAX in Calfornia. There sat a couple of Sky's. And I assume that they will STAY for a while. How about a $27K NA Sky for ONLY $36,999!! YUP. 20" Foose wheels for $4000 (that were not on the car), a suspension package for about $3500, and MORE wonderful things. I am now SO content to wait for my MSRP Redline in Missouri!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
My dealer in the Inland Empire had one on the lot with every imaginable option and add-on for only $35,000. It sat on the lot for 2 weeks until someone was desparate enough to buy it. Yeah, welcome to Calif.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I'll your wow and raise you an omg.
I've spent a lot of time at that place and watched the cars just move right on out.
They actually do not sit there for a while at that price.
Glad you got to see what the SoCal crowd here grumbles about.
It's a different car market. Folks literally walk right in and snatch those things up at that price.
Yeah, it can depend on micro-region econmics as well, but they don't sit very long where you went.

Those Skys you saw buzzing around earlier were either sold units from the place you visited,
test-drives, or fueling up for more test-drives.

·
Registered
540 Posts
While this story doesnt compare to the California prices its still ridiculous. My current ride needed servicing today (Caddy/Pontiac/GMC dealer) so while they were working I looked at a GTO, CTS, and the new hardtop convert Pontiac. Of course a sales guys came running over to me and my hubby and I told him not to bother because I had a Sky Redline on order. He proceeded to tell me I could have a GXP instead for a mere 5,000.00 over list! They have sold all of their Sols for 5,000.00 over and they are supposedly charging way less than most everybody else in the state. I made a BIG point of saying that I went with the Sky due to the no haggle pricing and that I was getting MSRP. He was so astonished he went and got the sales manager and made me repeat my story to him. Crazy, crazy people.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just for s#!ts grins and giggles I called two of the Pontiac dealers in the KC area a month ago in the desperate attempt to buy a turbo Kappa instead of waiting for a Redline. I have to say that when I sold cars I had SOME clue as to what my competition offered. When the sales managers at both dealerships attempted to convince me that their $5K over pricing on a GXP (about $33K before TTT) was the equivalent of the $29K MSRP on the Redline I was compelled to explain how wrong they were. I was polite, but one was SO stunned that he asked me to stay on the phone while we both accessed the Pontiac and Saturn web sites to compare. After about 15 minutes of this he finally was convinced that he had learned something that day. He admitted that they would not change their pricing practices but did say that they would have a sales meeting to better deal with the "pushback" that they had been receiving. I did suggest if the Camaro and Firebird came back that he might study the products a little!! He agreed, thanked me for my time, and we were done. Oh well, such is life.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Did someone here say "Mark WOW!?" Just checking :jester:

I have to agree that some of these dealers are just getting too darn greedy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Northern Ca isn't fairing a whole lot better. I've seen two yellow SKY's at 33/34K respectively, both sold instantly. I picked mine up for a "steal" at 31K, my MSRP was 26,629. The other two that came in on the shipment with mine sold at 35K and 33.5K.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did someone here say "Mark WOW!?" Just checking :jester:

I have to agree that some of these dealers are just getting too darn greedy.

Honey I am sure that you hear "MARK, WOW!" quite often:D (the car people - the car....):jester: you have great taste in color combo selection Mark
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
hey guys me too!!!
....when i get mine!...............:willy:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wash, wash, wash, wash

hey guys me too!!!
....when i get mine!...............:willy:
Absolutely you too!!! :thumbs: Redline Muskateers we are :jester: All three of us can PM each other daily and lend emotional support and encouragement when we get tired of washing our black cars daily :jester:

·
Registered
267 Posts
10k Markup

I drove by a dealer this week and quickly stopped by to check out a red SKY - and much to my surprise, the sticker price was around $26k and the additional markup items came to 36k! Wow!

·
Registered
692 Posts
I drove by a dealer this week and quickly stopped by to check out a red SKY - and much to my surprise, the sticker price was around $26k and the additional markup items came to 36k! Wow!
Got a pretty much decked out Chili red in Modesto for 5K less (31K). Get it while it "Hot". Doubt if it lasts through the week.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Was that the one in Whittier?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea, it's Valencia. I saw them yesterday afternoon on my way back from Ventura.
F.Y.I.
Saturn of Santa Clarita is owned by Galpin Auto Group.
Galpin Auto Group owns Galpin Auto Sports.
Galpin Auto Sports is a.k.a. GAS to the MTV generation.
GAS is the new custom tuner featured on MTV's Pimp my ride this year.

So if you are wondering.. That's how a Sky gets pimped.

Thanks' MTV for pimping my Sky... NOT!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep,
even here in the "economically depressed" Inland Empire, the SKYs get $5-7000 worth of aftermarket equipment and they don't last long. After all the hassles I gave up on the SRL. It kept getting harder to get and more expensive.
You can call me "BMWinTheDriveway" now. I bought a very clean 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i 6-speed for about $6-7,000 less than a new SRL and I'm not looking back.
And, for those who don't know- I WORK for Saturn!

Peter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.