Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with a top that is hard to put down? We have a tan top and last week I noticed black, yes black, smudges on it. First it was on the driver side and then when I noticed a smudge on the passenger side I tried to see if the trunk lid was hitting it. Of course it was...there are 2 little things with some little foam feet on it that hit it when it closes. In the Texas heat the 2 sided tape Saturn attached them with let them slide off so the adhesive was then hitting my roof. I called the local dealer and was in today with my SKY. Guess what...the service advisor had never opened a top so he could not determine if it was not opening right. We got a salesperson and compared it to the showroom SKY. Mine was not the same and actually hits the side of the car at the front as if shutting catty wompus rather than square. Long story short....Saturdays not the day to get a SKY looked at,,,we have to take it back on Monday but he has warned us,,,he doesn't think it'll be a quick fix. Please calm my nerves and share your stories if you have had top problems and if so what the remedy was. Thanks,,,Sheryl :banghead:

PSSS.....the black roof of the showroom car had the same gummy stuff on it to,,,just was not as noticible. If you live where its hot you might want to check out those two things on the inside of your trunk lid that have some type foam pieces on them,,,that adhesive material may be leaving a mark on it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I noticed the same problem with my dealers demo. It had a black top so it was hard to see, but the pads had shifted and left marks on the top.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Skybaby has this same exact problem with her TAN top...when she sees this thread, I'm sure she will respond. I think she said that those black foam thingys were melting in the heat causing it to mar the top with black smudges. The Saturn exec that came to the Downers Grove show actually had a close look at it, but I'm not sure what his resolution was for problem. She can answer that better than I. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I guess it's something most are not noticing because the majority of tops are black. Hopefully tomorrow we'll find out if getting the top in the trunk will be a quick repair. :)

Sheryl

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fast Service

My husband just phoned and he's on the way home. As it happened to turn out their was a Saturn Engineer there today. There are TAN bumper pads for tan tops that are now on order for us and they adjusted alignment so hopefully all is well. :) :) :) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts