Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed up the base sky that I ordered, since the turbos are coming out THIS year. Has this engine any history to assure me that I didn't make a mistake?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why not both?

I received my Sky in March and love it. But I ordered Redline right away first on dealer list. I figure I can sell mine for what i paid for it or maybe more depending on the time of delivery on Redline. so why not enjoy the Sky experience until Redline comes. Because if your not first or second on the list you may not see it till next spring.

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
To date the 2.0 ECOTECH engine has not been released in a turbo version that I know of. The only FI version is the Supercharged 2.0 that comes in the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline. This version is only putting out 205 crank horsepower (underated as many are seeing 210 at the wheels! I say "only" because the GXP/Redline Kappa 2.0 turbo is 260 hp) and does well.

The good news is that GM has put a lot of development work into the ECOTECH 2.0. They have a Cobalt Drag Car that is putting out something like 1,200 horsepower from that little sucker. I'm sure from that racing R&D platform they'll have a decent street engine out of it. But if you're looking for some long lineage from the Turbo 2.0 to gauge reliability sorry, the Solstice/Sky are the first to be offered with this powerplant to my knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts