Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been working on modifying the air flow under the hood. So we don't give out bad info we have set up wireless thermometers and can read the changes while driving. The heat generated in stock form is very high. The temp reading from the drivers information center only covers the water cooling and not the increases form headers and so on. When I come up with the best changes based on actual temps I will post the Mods. As of right now I have dropped the ambient temp for the ECM and Battery 30 degrees and engine temp on hot days (100 Up) stayed below 196...Seal9:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WOW..... keep all informed..... great experiment...SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Like what kinda mods?

seal9 said:
I have been working on modifying the air flow under the hood. So we don't give out bad info we have set up wireless thermometers and can read the changes while driving. The heat generated in stock form is very high. The temp reading from the drivers information center only covers the water cooling and not the increases form headers and so on. When I come up with the best changes based on actual temps I will post the Mods. As of right now I have dropped the ambient temp for the ECM and Battery 30 degrees and engine temp on hot days (100 Up) stayed below 196...Seal9:cheers:
Something like this could make a difference:
http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/storeconsumer/product.asp?numRecordPosition=3&P_ID=674

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Is mine running hot? DIC temp ranges from 195 to 225, sometimes creeping up slightly above 225 on screaming hot days.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
richm said:
Is mine running hot? DIC temp ranges from 195 to 225, sometimes creeping up slightly above 225 on screaming hot days.
As hot as yall are out there, I would say that it is normal...Mine runs about 200-210 on 100 degree days with A/C going.....Skip...whew...it be hot....:cheers: :cheers: yes a cold one will do. thank yall....much oblidged....another:cheers: :cheers: thank you again....

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
jarcher said:
Hm, those seem nice, but I'll bet they let water in as well as hot air out (or cool air in).

There not going to let that much water in but by losing the matting under the hood and opening those vent you letting a considerable amount of heat out by doing this. Also think of fresher air being brought in to your intake.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh by the way i am in the middle of fabricating this mod as we speak, i am also opening up the front grill in front of the intake.:thumbs:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Need the pics.

Hey Homer, please take pics as you do your mods. Hope it works good for ya.:thumbs: I want the dual filter intake pipe and the hood vents too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
lol i will if it happens... The welder at the shop that is supposed to make my intake just quit. i might just be buying a cai now, but i will post the pics as sson as i get it done.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Normally I would never bump such an old thread... :nono::rolleyes::devil:

But I was reminded of this subject in a thread about modifying intakes and had a heck of a time finding any of this info.

I coulda SWORN Seal9 poste way more info than this... was it on the Sol site?

Argh! Hard to belive I've been around here this long for subjects to be this old, lol! :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
I would submit that lack of continued interest in this topic points to it not being a real problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts