Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my lunch hour, I stopped by Mike Juneau's Pontiac dealership in Brookfield, WI. No Solstice's on the floor, but he was in his office and welcomed me in warmly.

We talked about the Kappa platform as I gazed around his well-furnished office with signed Carol Shelby photos and a Shelby (current roadster) model displayed on his desk.

We talked about the engines, designs, and similarities and differences between the models. After 15 minutes I decided to excuse myself as his desk looked full of work-to-do. He followed me to my Sky parked outside his office window and exclaimed how much he liked the straight lines, rear panel, interior design, Magnaflow exhaust, etc... compared to the Solstice. :thumbs:

He walked towards the service door, motioning me to follow, carrying on the conversation. He opened the service door and there stood a silver MALLET SOLSTICE - his Mallet Solstice! Hood open, driver door ajar, silver pearl, identical to my Sky with the exception of a 400 HP Corvette V-8 engine sitting snug, but comfortably, in the engine bay. :drool:

To make a long story short....he said, "I really like driving this car..."

Oh, by the way, next to it under a car cover was a true Shelby (new version), number 5 on the serial number. He wouldn't talk about that one - it's his own special toy. And I respect his decision not to "go there". :thumbs: :thumbs: Sometimes you leave the obvious to remain unquestioned out of simple respect...

A man with a Mallet and a new Shelby - what a country! :thumbs: :cheers: :cool:

So my big issue now with a base Sky in my garage as I write....

TRADE-IN when my RL arrives or literally GO ALL OUT and do the Mallet conversion???????????:willy: :eek: You only live ONCE (re-incarnation followers excused)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think you should go with the $52,000 Supercharged 600HP Mallet package!

P.S. - We ordered the same Redline :D

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
If you have the means, skip the RL and go for the Mallet upgrade. That seems like a no-brainer to me. If not for performance, why would anyone upgrade from a base Sky to a Redline? If it is about performance, then don't dink around.

I have a base Sky. I am very happy, because I didn't buy it as a performance vehicle. I have noticed that this first wave of RL/GXP owners aren't getting the respect they hoped to get from others at car shows. It is still just a stock engine with pretty wimpy HP compared to muscle cars.

I am NOT saying that I don't like the Redline, or that I am not totally impressed with the performance boost (I am). It's just that we have about a dozen RL/GXPs delivered in Arizona so far, and only ONE Mallet, and the Mallet is what everyone really wants to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts