Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

Today I got to test drive at Saturn of Clarskton, MI. They just got a silver one with Black/Red interior, and Chrome Wheels, and just pulled it into the showroom. I told them right off that I already ordered at Saturn of Saginaw, and just wanted to drive it. They had no problem, and off we went.

It was the first time I've driven one, even though I have already ordered. It felt GREAT! Hugged the curves, enough acceleration (until maybe a redline someday), seats held you in place, steering was very positive. I had just spent the weekend driving my 1997 Miata, and the difference was night and day. I don't even want to continue driving the Miata while waiting for my SKY. (Second offer for a 97 Miata w/ 22,000 Miles......)

I was concerned about how high the doors were, and the "humps" behind the headrests, as compared to how low and open everything is in the Miata (which I like), but everything felt great. The door height is just at the top of being acceptable to rest your arm on it, and you don't really even feel or see the headrests from the seated position. It felt open enough, yet still wrapped around you like a glove. I am 5'11" and 175 pounds.

I feel much better about having ordered one. I knew I would like it, but now I have confimed it!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Glad you liked it! I've driven a Sky twice now and both times have forgotten to check out things I wanted to see. Once I get in it, all rational thought seems to immediately flee my brain. Maybe if I go one more time I'll be able to remember!

As for the Miata, I do need to consider something to knock around in during the winter... :lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got to drive one today. What a hoot. Handles like it is on rails, and yet the steering while sensitive is not overly sensitive. I like the cushie head rest, and the well bolstered seats. The seats are actually soft (I wonder how the butt will feel after a few hours in them)

The dealer is still having trouble getting automatics (damn saturn) and he told me it may be August before I get it (I will not wait that long)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds good, making me want the car more (the dealer near me just got one, exactly like you mentioned... but won't let test-drives).

But a quick question, if I am 6'4" will I have problems fitting into this car? I figure I will which is the only thing holding me back from it right now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am 6'2 w/long torso, and I fit great, I don't know about real long legs though, maybe your dealer will let you sit in it (with top up)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts