Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said that one of the Saturn engineers stopped at the dealership with a Sky for them to test drive. She said they haven't been able to stop smiling since he left. Some guy in a Nissan 350Z followed the one guy back to the dealership and he was none to happy to find out he could of had a $23,000 car that looked a hell of a lot better than his $35,000 car that was not a convertable.:banghead: i'm just really ticked off that no one called us to come see it, we are 15 min away.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Let me know if you hear of any other test drives! My dealership says that the showroom models are not going to be leaving the showroom. I'm really hoping to get out on the road soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression. They weren't letting any of us common folks drive one. :nono: But you be sure and let us know when you see them rolling out the door. :driving: Hopefully the distribution of the Sky's will fan outward from the plant. Could we be so lucky? Sorry for everyone anxiously waiting on the west coast if that be the case.:nopity:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Our turn will come!:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
I have already heard from my dealer that there wouldn’t be any test driving for us, until our own cars show up... but I would happily sit back and watch one drive around me! I want to hear how it sounds!

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
wow, wierd that they won't let you take it for a drive when they get the demo in, I thought thats what it was for. come on out to Cali, the dealer in my town said I will be one of the first he calls to come in and get behind the wheel!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have perma-smile for a week like the saturn guys that drove the one in your neighborhood!!
:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
The Saturn here will have two demos to drive, I having been fortunate enough to order mine from their demo image, I guess I will have to test drive it the day I pick it up, if I ever get to, they keep changing the TPW on my order #.:banghead: :willy: :eek: :brentil: Good things are always worth waiting for, like the birth of my 7th grandchild in June, a girl, named Genevieve.:D :thumbs:




ERNEST:thumbs: :D :cool
SilvPrl/Red/Loaded & One proud Gandpa:jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Ernest said:
The Saturn here will have two demos to drive, I having been fortunate enough to order mine from their demo image, I guess I will have to test drive it the day I pick it up, if I ever get to, they keep changing the TPW on my order #.:banghead: :willy: :eek: :brentil: Good things are always worth waiting for, like the birth of my 7th grandchild in June, a girl, named Genevieve.:D :thumbs:




ERNEST:thumbs: :D :cool
SilvPrl/Red/Loaded & One proud Gandpa:jester:
Wow, congrats grandpa.... :D Keep us posted of your 2 new deliverys...lol ( your sky and your grandaughter) Im looking forward to my dealers 1st one, he told me they decided to use it for a test drive....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Thanks I will, and I know that I will have my SKY buy then, so Genevieve can see our new ride. I forgot to mention I have a Saturn trust fund already waiting for her:lol: :lol: you can bet the farm my SKY will get me & Kathy safely to the hospital, in time for her arrival.:willy: :D

ERNEST:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Enrest: Congrats, I only have two grandchildren, a 12 yr old boy and a 16 yr old girl. When I get my SKY the 16 old grand-daughter gets my '94 SL-1 and she is really looking forward to that day. So lets hope they get the production line going before we get to old to enjoy taking the grandkids on a ride in grandpa's toy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Thanks I will, and I know that I will have my SKY buy then, so Genevieve can see our new ride. I forgot to mention I have a Saturn trust fund already waiting for her:lol: :lol: you can bet the farm my SKY will get me & Kathy safely to the hospital, in time for her arrival.:willy: :D

ERNEST:thumbs:
Hi Ernest
I don't think you will have to wait long as it looks like your custom is done:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Spag said:
Let me know if you hear of any other test drives! My dealership says that the showroom models are not going to be leaving the showroom. I'm really hoping to get out on the road soon!
So they're not in the business ot sell the cars they have now? :jester: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,740 Posts
Muffler Sound

Spag....it sounds great...but that is subjective again...someone will always have a different opinion on how a muffler sounds...I personally liked it.

MarlboroMike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Bobs Sky

I test drove one tday. It felt great. It's going to be a while until I get mine..I'll try and be patient.:) :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
What a ride!

I got to test drive the SKY demo at Saturn of Concord. It was red with black leeather. WOW! This car is a blast to drive, it handles great, the ride is solid and it corners like it's on rails. It accelerates crisply and the shifts are very smooth, it was a 5 speed and it sounds very cool. The fit and finish is teriffic and the dash is awesome. My salesperson, John, was willing to let me play. The top goes up and down very smoothly. The doors close with a solid clunk.

Had this car been for sale and not the dealer demo, I would have been tempted to take that baby home.

I can not wait for my car to get here ! ! ! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
My dealer still hadn't received their floor model when mine arrived. I ended up test driving my own prior to purchasing it. Of course I knew I was going to buy it anyways, but they said if I ended up not liking it, they'd refund my money and pass it along to someone else.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top