Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test Drive.jpg

My test drive.jpg Ok, dispite being very very upset because I just found out they did not order the lsd I did take a test drive in a yellow standard. I still love this car. Here are a couple of pictures. Notice I was smiling (that was before I found out they made the boo boo) :banghead: They did offer me the next image, but they only get 3 a month so that would put me behind again. Darn it, what's a girl to do :confused: Anyway, thanks for listening my friends...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
agirltrucker said:
View attachment 1289

View attachment 1290 Ok, dispite being very very upset because I just found out they did not order the lsd I did take a test drive in a yellow standard. I still love this car. Here are a couple of pictures. Notice I was smiling (that was before I found out they made the boo boo) :banghead: They did offer me the next image, but they only get 3 a month so that would put me behind again. Darn it, what's a girl to do :confused: Anyway, thanks for listening my friends...
We will be waiting together! Great smile!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ernest said:
Do what you feel that will make you the happiest. It is your baby so order it the way you want it. Anyway you have my full support in any decision you make>
Thanks baby, I tried to call you. Got ahold of Sky Baby and had a good cry with her... :lol: Thanks for your support (and all the pictures) Do I really need the LSD???

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've gone to performance driving school and you will not notice the LSD unless you drive it really hard. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Do you plan on driving your car hard or leisurely. I'm not talking fast, I'm talking hard.... big difference. Do you know what a limited slip differential does (other than the Saturn explanation on the site)? If not, let me know.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Angelqute1 said:
I've gone to performance driving school and you will not notice the LSD unless you drive it really hard. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Do you plan on driving your car hard or leisurely. I'm not talking fast, I'm talking hard.... big difference. Do you know what a limited slip differential does (other than the Saturn explanation on the site)? If not, let me know.
From what I know the LSD keeps both wheels spinning together, for example when your caught in snow or rain they spin together. It will be for pleasure. I wanted to take it as is, but hubby says this is your car you deserve to get what you want on it. I will be calling the new car manager this am to discuss this with him, but am pretty set on not taking this one. Im soooooooooo sad about this.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hi HONEY... we will get through this.. TOGETHER... PROMISE..... call me when you get home... love ya.:D .SkyBaby-07...

PS... YOU LOOK GREAT IN THE CAR.......:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you really want i t-- then you shoul dget exactly what you want... If the LSD is not something that can be dealer installed and you want it -- then you should get it - There is nothing they can do to shorten teh wait -- You can see if you can get warrenties or extras as compensation -- but you will still have to wait.
That said
GET OUT of MY SKY!!!
I almost choked when I saw your pic on your test drive.... The yellow sky looks just fantastic!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Girl..... at this point... I AM READY TO COME VISIT YOU AND PAY WHATEVER FEE... AND GET THAT YELLOW ONE... then Rick and I.. will have twins... hehehehehe........... SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
agirltrucker said:
From what I know the LSD keeps both wheels spinning together, for example when your caught in snow or rain they spin together. It will be for pleasure. I wanted to take it as is, but hubby says this is your car you deserve to get what you want on it. I will be calling the new car manager this am to discuss this with him, but am pretty set on not taking this one. Im soooooooooo sad about this.
A differential works by allowing one wheel (outside) to spin faster in a turn so that the car moves smoothly around a turn. It takes more time for the outside wheel to make the turn so by going faster it keeps pace with the inside wheel. If they both turned at the same speed all the time you get gear lock, wheel drag, and just nasty things happening. The problem with that is, when one wheel has better traction than the other, say one is on ice and the other on hard ground, the one on ice will spin and the other will not move. A limited slip senses the fact that one is spinning while the other is not and transfers power to the stationary wheel so that both spin. This is very important if you 4 wheel a lot and you see a lot of lockers on Jeeps, mud boggers, rock-climbers, etc., but how does it help a sports car? Well, it helps by giving a more balanced power flow to the rear or propulsion wheels. In a dragster it is essential since you want both rear wheels propelling you down the track. Is it necessary? Most cars don't have it and folks never miss it. That being said, it can also do some squirrely things, especially if you are not use to it. For example, on a wet road, when you make a turn and hit the gas a bit hard, you will often have both wheels lock and it can cause you to skid or spin. Takes a bit of getting use to. It is really a matter of driving style, location, and taste as to whether you need one or not.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Girl..... at this point... I AM READY TO COME VISIT YOU AND PAY WHATEVER FEE... AND GET THAT YELLOW ONE... then Rick and I.. will have twins... hehehehehe........... SkyBaby-07
Mines named Sunni -- What is your Skybaby!?!?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts