Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, i loved that ride. Loved the sound when the car starts, although it doesnt sound as throttly when driving it. To my pleasant surprise, the hood was easy to see over and had no problem with it. I was able to see the gauges very easily, but i dont know if it's bc i sit lower (im 5'8) so i may come at a different angle, or the position of the sun. I have heard people saying they can't see gauges well with the top down, but i didnt have that problem.

Granted i didnt want to go fast (the salesman was with me) so i didnt press too hard on the gas, but it did seem a little underpowered and "heavy". We only went around the block, but i had an absolute blast. It's going to be so hard waiting for my sky. If a base is this fun to drive, i can only imagine what my RL will be like. Intense!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Nice. While the base Sky will never come close to a RL they do feel a bit heavy when they're new enough for a test drive. Least mine did. Over breakin and even after a few thousand miles the car seems to loosen up and get lighter and perkier.

·
Administrator
6,916 Posts
NYRhockey23 : ......I was able to see the gauges very easily, but i dont know if it's bc i sit lower (im 5'8) so i may come at a different angle, or the position of the sun. I have heard people saying they can't see gauges well with the top down, but i didnt have that problem.
The issue with the gauges is with the top up on a bright day, sometimes they get pretty dark in contrast to the outside. The top down issue is the DIC and the radio. The LED's get washed out by the sun. My biggest complaint is the auto headlights get confused in the late afternoon and mid-morning, and turn the headlights on, which also dims the DIC and radio. I have to turn the headlights off to see them.
Granted i didnt want to go fast (the salesman was with me) so i didnt press too hard on the gas, but it did seem a little underpowered and "heavy". We only went around the block, but i had an absolute blast. It's going to be so hard waiting for my sky. If a base is this fun to drive, i can only imagine what my RL will be like. Intense!
cerberus : Nice. While the base Sky will never come close to a RL they do feel a bit heavy when they're new enough for a test drive. Least mine did. Over breakin and even after a few thousand miles the car seems to loosen up and get lighter and perkier.
I certainly agree with the loosening-up. Mine at 6500 miles feels far better than it did at 3-4000 miles. It sounds different, too. I have read that the Ecotec's, and maybe especially the VVT, loosen up after a few thousand miles. My experience certainly agrees.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I certainly agree with the loosening-up. Mine at 6500 miles feels far better than it did at 3-4000 miles. It sounds different, too. I have read that the Ecotec's, and maybe especially the VVT, loosen up after a few thousand miles. My experience certainly agrees.
I think also that the driver begins to loosen up after a few thousand miles and starts driving the car a bit less gingerly than at first.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice. While the base Sky will never come close to a RL they do feel a bit heavy when they're new enough for a test drive. Least mine did. Over breakin and even after a few thousand miles the car seems to loosen up and get lighter and perkier.
Yes - definitely :agree:

·
Registered
388 Posts
MAN-U-AL....that's the choice

I test drove an auto-tranny RL this past Saturday..(A local dealer has 3 auto tranny RL's IN STOCK)......the ride was AWESOME....plenty of "passing & stoplight gran prix" power available......it was a ride that's best described as (intoxicating) so "uder the spell" I was ..that I was actually sitting in front of the finance guy PEN IN HAND....ready to close the deal,,...when my WIFE...grabbed me and said "YOU REALLY REALLY WANT THE MANUAL....so just wait until the "other dealer" gets the next allocation (I'm next on the list).....then she pulled my SKY-INDUCED-DRUNK BUTT...out of the dealer........now that I'm sober....i'm glad I'm back waiting for my GRAPHITE SILVER -MANUAL TRANNY SKY REDLINE !! :willy: :deadhorse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts