Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time driving one & i had a great experience even with it being 102F outside! One thing I gotta say is though, the non-turbo is slow as heck. I was actually pretty dissapointed in the power.. although a buddy of mine was barley pulling on me in his supercharged cobalt. :D

Anyhow... turbo model... here I come. :cool:

·
Registered
727 Posts
What do you normally drive that the Sky felt slow? Generally it is all a matter of perspective on how quick or slow the car feels. IMO, It has enough grunt to be entertaining, but it's not going to be a drag strip winner too often either.

I think you will be pleased with the Redline!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
First time driving one & i had a great experience even with it being 102F outside! One thing I gotta say is though, the non-turbo is slow as heck. I was actually pretty dissapointed in the power.. although a buddy of mine was barley pulling on me in his supercharged cobalt. :D

Anyhow... turbo model... here I come. :cool:

Getting from point A to point B a couple of seconds quicker is not really that important to me. But going an round the curves of a road and feeling secure in the handling is.

The Sky is not a dragster it's a roadster:thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
Getting from point A to point B a couple of seconds quicker is not really that important to me. But going an round the curves of a road and feeling secure in the handling is.

The Sky is not a dragster it's a roadster:thumbs:
:agree: My other ride is a 270 H.P. Acura TL. No doubt the Acura is quicker, but the Sky is a hoot to drive. If I bought the redline, I think I would be spending my days in traffic court fighting speeding tickets.:) My Sky is perfect for me. I will say the 5 speed manual does help the Sky get up and go!:thumbs:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fformula88 said:
What do you normally drive that the Sky felt slow? Generally it is all a matter of perspective on how quick or slow the car feels. IMO, It has enough grunt to be entertaining, but it's not going to be a drag strip winner too often either.

I think you will be pleased with the Redline!
I have a 2000 Integra w/some goodies on it.. :) Had a '94 Civic Hatch with a B20/VTEC swap that ran a 13.6 @ 99 MPH at the strip.. only ran twice... no doubt it was a low 13 second car but even 13's is fairly slow IMO. I guess it all depends what your used to driving. Reguardless, when the new redline arrives I honestly cant wait to hit that 300 WHP mark :thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I drive a 10 year old Sunfire, and I thought the same on my test drive of the automatic. The pickup and go didn't feel any different than my car. I was expecting more. Glad I decided to wait for the Redline.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not everyone needs speed.

I have to say I grew out of my speed craze with my 3000GT VR4. That thing
could fly and she did...right into ALOT of speed traps. I'm way over that and - thank god -so is my insurance. (I think I personally financed a lake house for my insurance agent and attorney with all my tickets.)

Now I just want a ragtop roadster that is fun, looks great, and only seats two. (Extra benefit is that we don't have to schlep our friends around when we go out:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts