Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Vue in for some service today and there was a red Sky parked out front. As I was waiting for the service I asked the sales manager about the Redline, he told me there would be *very* few coming this year.

Then he asked me if I wanted to drive the Sky out front, "Of course!" I said. He told me to go ahead and "drive it hard," which I did of course. As we were leaving he said "We close at 8." (This was 11AM...what a cool dude.)

Anyway, this was my first time seeing a Sky in person, let alone driving one. First impressions were very good. Handling was fantastic, ride was firm, but not rough at all (I've read the Solstice is a little rough on the bumps...this was not). I took some turns very fast, tried to make it spin out a little, but couldn't. The car was quick, but made me definitely decide to wait for the RL as I want even more pep. This car had the CAI, and the engine was definitely a bit on the loud side. I haven't seen a Sky without CAI so i don't know how much noise it adds.

The car looks fantastic, even better than in the pictures IMO. When we stopped to refuel several people at the gas station wandered over to admire it. He told me to drive it as long as I wanted, but after about 30 minutes I felt a little guilty and drove back to the dealership.

Put my name on the list for the RL, I'm number 5. I don't know if I could get lower on a list at another dealer but I'm loyal to this one, and am not in a hurry. They also told me that they will never sell above MSRP.

Anyway, was a nice way to pass the time waiting for service on my Vue!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmmm. that is so weird.. you just saved me the time.. in having to write up a post.. because basically that is everything i had to say.. even the Red sky with CAI.. in front.. and the test drive.. and yadda yadda... soo basically im waiting for the RL as well.. btw. are you located in CA?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you go to the Tempe dealership? I test drove one there and decided the same thing, handling is great, but power is very lacking (I am used to driving fairly fast cars though). I've got to wait for the RL. I was lucky though, and got my name down as #1 there!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree I wish my sky had some more juice, but the 5 speed manual does help it get up and go. I was thinking about the RL, but I am going to keep what I have for now...it'll keep me out of trouble!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Robotbike,

What city in AZ, and what dealership did you go to? I'm located in Vegas and would be willing to travel some to save what i've been hearing is going to be a couple thousand dollars in markup on the Redline here in town.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts