Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just incase anyone here has an xbox360, from the very beginning of the game you can purchase the base sky in any color you want. This game allows you to sit in the seat, see it from a 3rd person view as you drive, etc. You can hear the engine too. The game uses the real map of Hawaii. So if anyone is interested, you can go drive the sky around Hawaii if you want. Hopefully they will make a download on LIVE for the RL soon. But the base seems to have decent sound and pick-up. Anyway, have fun!:thumbs:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Nemesis -

I had posted a thread on this before, but now that the game is out, it's definately a good time to bring this subject up again.

I got the game from work (work at a video game store), and am really impressed with the quality of the graphics and the detail that went into conveying the Sky. When you choose the color of the car, all the colors are named correctly (everything from Chili Pepper Red to Bluestone), the interior gives you the option of red/black two-tone or ebony (no tan/black two tone, and you can choose the red/black on any exterior color, which allows for some freedom beyond the real life Sky).

As far as driving goes, there is an interior view as if you're sitting in the seat, with full view of the instrument panel, a/c knobs and stereo, all of which look just like they should. Only problem is that half of the view is obstructed with the windshield surround.

If you dont have a 360, I think the game is going to be available on PC/PS2 later this year.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Nemesis -

I had posted a thread on this before, but now that the game is out, it's definately a good time to bring this subject up again.

I got the game from work (work at a video game store), and am really impressed with the quality of the graphics and the detail that went into conveying the Sky. When you choose the color of the car, all the colors are named correctly (everything from Chili Pepper Red to Bluestone), the interior gives you the option of red/black two-tone or ebony (no tan/black two tone, and you can choose the red/black on any exterior color, which allows for some freedom beyond the real life Sky).

As far as driving goes, there is an interior view as if you're sitting in the seat, with full view of the instrument panel, a/c knobs and stereo, all of which look just like they should. Only problem is that half of the view is obstructed with the windshield surround.

If you dont have a 360, I think the game is going to be available on PC/PS2 later this year.
The only thing is, it is obvious that they made this sky from the prototype as their model. When you pick the color you want, there is no silver accents (ie-windshield, behind the seats) and the only rim option is aluminum alloys (I'm not complaining though, I want the RL). Everything esle seems to be right. I am hoping that if they were siked enough to make the base Sky, that they will have a download that can be purchased in the future for the RL. About the windshield obstruction, I have heard this on reviews and it seems to be only a little issue when I drive it on the game. I can see what they are talking about, but the game also allows you to adjust the height of your seat and the backward/fwd motions as well. I actually just bought it for the 360, and it has already gone into my book as one of best I have ever played. There has never been a game that has so many of the best cars, WITH the interiors, that can be played from so many different angles accurately, and has accurate performance stats. I am a big fan of the PS2 Gran Turismo games because of their realism and focus on being a straight fwd driving simulator and not a "game". Testdrive Unlimited on the 360 seems to have accomplished both of these things very well. I am thoroughly impressed. The Island of Hawaii is HUGE and I have still only driven a small portion of it so far. It's not too hard to get money either (which I was afraid of when competing on LIVE). It is definitely a "must rent" and if you are into simulators, this is a "must buy". I love it, because I can keep the sky in my garage, purchase new cars to put in there with it, buy new houses, and pick what my driver looks like and wears....too much!:thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts