Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ernest and I are planning another run at Texas Motor Speedway on 9 September. This is a Saturday and they will be letting us on the track at 5pm. What Ernest and I were thinking is that everyone south of Waco could meet up with me and go north on 35 up to Fort Worth and meet up with Ernest at his Saturn dealer. Everyone north of Waco could meet Ernest there at his dealer. Once we all get together we could grab some BBQ and head over to the race track.

These are laps for charity. For $25 you get to do 3 laps around the track in your own car.

Is there anyone out there interested in hooking up with us? This will make for a really good photo shoot. Please post here and we can work out some more details. You can PM either me or Ernest for our telephone numbers so we can work towards finalizing our plans. :thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'm in like Flynn! :D

I think it's a great idea we all meet at the Arlington dealership...

<take some group photos>

then head out as a caravan to the BBQ place...

<take some more group photos if possible>

then head over to the track!

<take even more group photos>

Once at the track, I'm sure we'll meet up with the Solstice group.

It'd be awesome to do some laps just as a Sky group and then some laps as a Kappa group with them.

<another great photo opportunity>

Whew! I'm so excited! I can't wait!

For those that have never done this before, this is an awesome event AND it's for a good cause...all proceeds go to the Speedway Children's Charities fund.

Plus what better way to get together as a Sky group and have some fun!

Mark, you can post more details here or PM me.
Ernest, I have your cell already.

Thanks!

John

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in like Flynn! :D

I think it's a great idea we all meet at the Arlington dealership...

<take some group photos>

then head out as a caravan to the BBQ place...

<take some more group photos if possible>

then head over to the track!

<take even more group photos>

Once at the track, I'm sure we'll meet up with the Solstice group.

It'd be awesome to do some laps just as a Sky group and then some laps as a Kappa group with them.

<another great photo opportunity>

Whew! I'm so excited! I can't wait!

For those that have never done this before, this is an awesome event AND it's for a good cause...all proceeds go to the Speedway Children's Charities fund.

Plus what better way to get together as a Sky group and have some fun!

Mark, you can post more details here or PM me.
Ernest, I have your cell already.

Thanks!

John

Ernest and I have already been in contact with the Sol group and it is their intention to meet up with us that afternoon before the track opens.

·
Registered
420 Posts
awesome!

let us know what time to meet at the dealership on Saturday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm in unless the boss says I'm out!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
You folks keep it up. I am now turning green with envy. I bit of drool is starting to form on the edge of my mouth. I am going to have to wipe it away and wait for my Redline to come in. I will be with you in spirit and just wait for my turn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I mean the wife boss! I don't care what my work boss thinks!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The place close to TMS is Sonny Bryan's BBQ on the NW Corner of Westport & I35N. We will head there after we meet up at Saturn of Arlington. It is the place we ate at after the last time, pretty good food. If someone has another location or a better meeting place, throw it here so we can check it out. I am easy, anyplace would be okay with me, I just want to see a better showing of SKYs this time,:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I would love to go...... :thumbs: hey, ya think there is a chance i could sit in the car.... ya know, like the beauty queens...:rolleyes: NO, I AM NOT SAYING I AM ONE.... and get a ride around the track.. oh.. but, i do know the.. WAVE..:D ...SkyBaby

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would love to go...... :thumbs: hey, ya think there is a chance i could sit in the car.... ya know, like the beauty queens...:rolleyes: NO, I AM NOT SAYING I AM ONE.... and get a ride around the track.. oh.. but, i do know the.. WAVE..:D ...SkyBaby
Do you mean the "light bulb" wave or the "windshield wiper" wave?:D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Less than a week to go, how many are we going to get together? Lets hear it people.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm there...:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts