Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to have some fun? : :willy: On Sept 9th. TMS is going to have the track open to the public. You bring your own car (The Sky) and pay $ 25.00 for three laps. Would'nt it be cool:cool: to get as many Sky's as we can to go out and run some laps on the track at the same time. I think there gonna allow 6 to 8 cars on the track at one time. It starts at 5:00 pm and ends at 10:00pm :D http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Geph said:
Anybody want to have some fun? : :willy: On Sept 9th. TMS is going to have the track open to the public. You bring your own car (The Sky) and pay $ 25.00 for three laps. Would'nt it be cool:cool: to get as many Sky's as we can to go out and run some laps on the track at the same time. I think there gonna allow 6 to 8 cars on the track at one time. It starts at 5:00 pm and ends at 10:00pm :D http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com

I know you will have a blast, hint hang back for the first lap then you can go as fast as you want the last two... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Geph said:

Been there, done that and will do it again!!! Serenity & Lil Missy will be there!! A very, very remote possibioity my R/L(at present unnamed) could make the show as well!!!! Just a daydream I know:D

Count us in!!!!!!:thumbs:

GEPH PM me sometime, Denton ain't that fer down the hiway!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ernest said:
Been there, done that and will do it again!!! Serenity & Lil Missy will be there!! A very, very remote possibioity my R/L(at present unnamed) could make the show as well!!!! Just a daydream I know:D

Count us in!!!!!!:thumbs:

GEPH PM me sometime, Denton ain't that fer down the hiway!!!
Do we all want to set up a time and place for all to meet. Maybe bring a grill and throw on some links or something?:cheers: Do a photo shoot or something? I definately want to try and record it and put it up on the forum for all to see!: :thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm in as well!

Sounds like alot of fun! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hmmm interesting info. So does that mean that Texas does not require a roll bar at a track? My understanding is that here in California, the cars require roll bars, of which there are none in the SKY. Very interesting. How does that affect your insurance? I only ask that because I am in insurance and want to make sure you understand your policies, both car and life. I hate to be so drab, seriously, because you all know I am a total goofball and try to be uplifting...but this is serious stuff. I too want to go to a track, but I'd rather drive someone elses car after a lesson on someone elses insurance. Just an FYI, think about it. Also let me know the rules in Texas, I'm totally curious.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
That is correct. But remember you are not racing. The intent is to keep you at around 90 - 100 mph. You are allowed to pass other cars so long as you are high and they are low on the track but you are not allowed to pass the pace car. So if you start in the back of the pack and get your SKY going you a little faster than others before the 3 laps are over. This is the way it was the last time I was there. I have done it on a motorcycle and now in Missy on TMS. I hope this answers your question Angelqute or at least gives you some idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The SKY has a rollbar, and a cage. The windshield frame is part of the mainframe and the silver area behind the seat is likewise attached to frame. So you do have protection.

Welcome back Mark, glad you made it home safely.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As the representative of the West Plains, I'll be there!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I am working on getting there........ Hey.. ERNEST..... got any hotels close? SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Sounds GREAT........ i will be in contact!!!!!!!!..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 13 of 13 Posts