Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot tell you how happy :) I am to see them finally make more 2 seat roadsters, especially affordable ones. I have been saying for years, "why can't they make a car that looks good and is affordable, especially on gas." I mean does every car that is good on gas or affordable have to look like a metro, prius, insight, Xb, XA, or aveo? If they can make and sell cars under 15K why do they have to be so ugly? How about something affordable that looks like an S2000, 325i, boxter, or MR2? It must just be me. How many different 4 door sedans do we need, hardly any of which offer any style that is eye-catching? The first one to come along in a long time I have liked is the Mazda6. And these ugly hatchbacks; civics, mazda3, whatever Suzuki calls theirs, and the XA/XB. Make something that is both attractive, and affordable. Thank heavens they are finally making them, that is until the dealer inflates the price as they always do. :banghead: I just hope I can get my sky for 25K, and not 34K like they were trying to do to my friend for an RX8, 9K over MSRP.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Pre-order now so that you arn't disappointed. From everything we are hearing, the dealers won't have many allocations and it doesn't sound like they will have many just sitting around the showroom for sale.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree!

For the life of me, I've never understood why they have to make the cheap cars so ugly. I figure it was just to force you to spend more if you want to purchase a good looking car. I mean, I'm willing to pay the additional cost required for the R&D, design, parts and labor to make a low-end car into a thing of beauty. And I am guessing most other people would as well. If you could get a great basic ugly car for $16,000 or a great basic gorgeous car for $18,000, which would you buy? I vote for gorgeous.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just on Ebay again, saw I think 6 solstices for sale, all asking over 30K, what a joke, I just hope people don't pay that. Nothing like being upside down 10K driving off the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skyOwner2be said:
I was just on Ebay again, saw I think 6 solstices for sale, all asking over 30K, what a joke, I just hope people don't pay that. Nothing like being upside down 10K driving off the lot.
The cars going for $30k are option to about $25k, so there's only about a $5k markup on those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts