Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You guys are great. The information that you all provide is just unbelievable. My husband and I put a deposit on a Sky about 5 weeks ago, and have been keeping up with this forum every since. We paid a visit to our dealer yesterday just to get an update, and to sit behind the wheel of their demo just one more time. Thanks to this forum, we were able to ask all the right questions and walked away pertty satisfied. We found out that they are allocated 3 Skys a month and we're number 8 on the list, so it's pretty easy to do the math. At leat at this point we know our order isn't on a waddded up piece of paper just laying on someone desk. Thanks again.
Calico
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
calico said:
You guys are great. The information that you all provide is just unbelievable. My husband and I put a deposit on a Sky about 5 weeks ago, and have been keeping up with this forum every since. We paid a visit to our dealer yesterday just to get an update, and to sit behind the wheel of their demo just one more time. Thanks to this forum, we were able to ask all the right questions and walked away pertty satisfied. We found out that they are allocated 3 Skys a month and we're nunmer 8 on the list, so it's pretty easy to do the math. At leat at this point we know our order isn't on a waddded up piece of paper just laying on someone desk. Thanks again.
Calico
Good for you --- you will love it :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
I hope you will be driving soon.....:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
It should not be too long. Its worth the wait.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
GaryH said:
It should not be too long. Its worth the wait.:cool:
We're hoping for a late August / early September delivery date, before the east coast weather gets too cold. The dealer said that the orders being taken at this point are a 6 month wait. But again, well worth it.
The dealer demo sits right along the main road. I was just sitting in the car on the lot, and people were yelling out of their windows as they drove by. I can't imagine what it's going to be like actually driving it on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Calico,, where do you live? Maybe youcan find a local Sky owner to help past the time.

I know Sky Vue, and have offered to let him help detail mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SkyHi07 said:
Calico,, where do you live? Maybe youcan find a local Sky owner to help past the time.

I know Sky Vue, and have offered to let him help detail mine.
We're in Red Lion, Pa. We actually bought the Sky in Maryland, closer where we work. Our local dealer in Pa is one of the few that are adding a few extra K to the base price. Nice guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
calico said:
We're in Red Lion, Pa. We actually bought the Sky in Maryland, closer where we work. Our local dealer in Pa is one of the few that are adding a few extra K to the base price. Nice guys.
Man,,, call teh rat fink number, Saturn Corp wants to know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Saturn Corp

SkyHi07 said:
Man,,, call teh rat fink number, Saturn Corp wants to know!
I was supposed to call the S-Corp. after I bought my car if my dealer still charged me the additional $3000.00 for the mandatory alarm system. But I can't seem to find the number I had for them. Any one have it handy for me? Theresa :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Hi Calico, If you don't mind me asking what dealership did you put down your deposit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mybetsy said:
Hi Calico, If you don't mind me asking what dealership did you put down your deposit?
We went to Saturn of York Road in towson. We both work in Hunt Valley Md, and the dealer ship is just a few miles away. How about you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
calico said:
We're hoping for a late August / early September delivery date, before the east coast weather gets too cold. The dealer said that the orders being taken at this point are a 6 month wait. But again, well worth it.
The dealer demo sits right along the main road. I was just sitting in the car on the lot, and people were yelling out of their windows as they drove by. I can't imagine what it's going to be like actually driving it on the road.
Tell your salesperson to call you if they have someone that has ordered a Sky and changes their mind. It happened to me. I was on the list and was told Aug or Sep. I got a call Jun 6 from the dealer saying they had a Sky that someone had backed out of the deal. Went to the dealership to look at it. It was almost the exact car that I ordered. I drove it home that day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GaryH said:
Tell your salesperson to call you if they have someone that has ordered a Sky and changes their mind. It happened to me. I was on the list and was told Aug or Sep. I got a call Jun 6 from the dealer saying they had a Sky that someone had backed out of the deal. Went to the dealership to look at it. It was almost the exact car that I ordered. I drove it home that day.
No problem here. The dealer told us the day we ordered the car that if some one canceld out, they start calling people on the top of the waiting list and keep going until they find some one that wants the car. My guess is they only have to make one phone call. We did get bumped up last week because some one is holding out for the blue stone. They may have a long wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
calico said:
We went to Saturn of York Road in towson. We both work in Hunt Valley Md, and the dealer ship is just a few miles away. How about you?
I also work in Hunt Valley, but I live in Harford County. I went to the Bel Air dealship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mybetsy said:
I also work in Hunt Valley, but I live in Harford County. I went to the Bel Air dealship.
Small world isn't it? Both my hubby and I work at the same place, and work the same hours, so we car pool together every day. We recently started traveling the back roads from Pa into Hunt Valley. I83 is just too much of a pain in the butt. We're really looking forward to cruising the back roads to and from work in the Sky. What a great way to start and end the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I live in Mechanicsburg, if you want you can come take mine for a spin before yours gets here. I got it from Sutliff in Mechanicsburg. No problems at all. PM me if you'd like.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top