Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:patriot:

Thank you to all those people, and their families, who are serving or have served our country. I know you don't get told very often, but we do appreciate what you have sacrificed to help keep us safe and free.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the post. Our daughter just called at 0600 from DLI in California, as she sat watching the sun come up over the Monterey Bay. They had their ceremony on Friday for the Lost Soldier for those graduates of DLI who had been lost in the current war. Rollcall went for about 15 minutes, she said. Sobering. She graduates in November with deployment in early 2007. We are very proud of her.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I echo this post! Thank you to all who have or are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our country....I am in DC and all the Motorcycles are in town "Rolling Thunder" and it sends chills down your spine how many come to pay respect. God Bless our service men and Women.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Your welcome, and thanks for thinking of us.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
:patriot:

Thank you to all those people, and their families, who are serving or have served our country. I know you don't get told very often, but we do appreciate what you have sacrificed to help keep us safe and free.
Thanks for being the first to post and for starting the thread....and thank you to everyone on this forum that have served in the past and the many that are currently serving...
I will be removing the yellow ribbon from the front tree in July, as both kids will be home from the Gulf.
We honor the things all of you have had to do and the things you have had to see...
Also, an extra big thanks to those of you that are Viet Nam
vets...You were not honored properly, as my immediate family members can attest...you deserve kudos for time spent, regardless of the policies and controversy.
We are a great nation, "under God", with liberty and justice for all.
Enjoy the bar-b-ques and take a moment to give thanks to our service men and women!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Thank you for the acknowledgements and kind posts it really does mean a lot. Much of today’s society rides the waves of popularity for flying their flags (post 9/11) and supporting the troops (beginning of the War in Afghanistan and the Iraq war). It appears that when the hype dies down so does much of the support but the Soldiers are still there doing what is required. As I come up on my 18TH year of service in July with 4 combat tours behind me now my son is now deploying to Iraq in August. I followed in my fathers foot steps (a career soldier) and now my son follows in mine. It is hard to accept that he will be seeing some of the things I have seen and tried so hard to keep him from. I know the best thing to do though is support him, pass on all the experience I can, and pray for his safe return. I assure you I now know the anguish I have put my parents and wife through for so many years. I have been away from home for many years of my but I think the longest I will ever experience is yet to come. One thing is for sure I will know exactly what to send him in his care packages. So long story less long I thank you profusely for all of you that are taking time out today to consider us in your thoughts. Bear these two thoughts in mind today as you remember those that did not make it home to be with their families today. 1: Soldiers do not start wars politicians do and 2: freedom is never free.

SFC Mark H. Lynn :patriot:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
lchrisns said:
Thanks for the post. Our daughter just called at 0600 from DLI in California, as she sat watching the sun come up over the Monterey Bay. They had their ceremony on Friday for the Lost Soldier for those graduates of DLI who had been lost in the current war. Rollcall went for about 15 minutes, she said. Sobering. She graduates in November with deployment in early 2007. We are very proud of her.

With tears in my eyes after that post, we salute her....

Many "thank yous" across the nation to all of you who chose to protect us and our Country. Many "I'm sorrys" for those we lost along the way.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm flying a flag that my nephew gave me that was flown over a outpost in Iraq. It's flying high and proud in front of the house and has been since I recieved it in early May.

Having served in Vietnam I use this day to remember my friends who served with me and to honor the ones who are serving now!

God Bless the troops!

·
Super Moderator
11,619 Posts
There is nothing I can say here that others have not already written. Thank you to all the men and women who are serving or have served in our nation's armed forces for the protection, security, and future they provide our great land. Let us never forget the sacrifices they make of their time, their families, and their lives every day.

Thank you, all, profusely for having the courage to do what so many do not.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Welcome Home

First I want to thank all of the people who realy understand what our milatary does for us and shows them you care by saying "THANK YOU for your service".

As a Viet Nam vet with the 1st Cav I want extend a well deserved WELCOME HOME to all the other vets that were shuned when they returned home to the world.

My Dad once asked me what the Viem Nam vets were going on about. And I said Dad all we want is to be recegonized for doing what our country asked us to do. All other vets before us were welcomed home by the American people for a job well done, we would just like the same concideration.

So to every American I want to say that I am Proud of the service I gave to our country and would step up again if called upon. THANK YOU for careing.

Fred Keillor
1st Cav Div
1970-1971
SFC US Army Ret

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: As a Veteran of Viet Nam I salute all the brave men and women who have served and sacrificed, some with their lives so we can enjoy this great country and it's freedoms. As I sit here today and see the folded flag in it's case that draped my Father's casket a few month's ago, It makes me think of him and others who have served and done it right. God bless all veterans, servicemen & women, past, present and future, and the wonderful country that I love!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
540 Posts
This forum has such good, honest, people. These Memorial Day posts are all very touching.:grouphug: :patriot:

·
Registered
18,505 Posts
American Idol Snafu

I was quite disappointed that no one recognized our soldiers serving in any of our hostile fire zones...even the producers...and they are English. Quite disappointing. Not my type of IDOL

·
Registered
342 Posts
I add my thanks to our armed forces personnel, past & present. This world wouldn't be as free, and there's a high probability we wouldn't be chatting on the internet or buying Saturn Skys if the despots of the world hadn't been fought against.

We salute you and will be forever indebted to you and your sacrifices.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks again

I also thank the men and women of the armed forces for protecting our country. I have the utmost respect for them and the job they are doing. Their effort is appreciated by me and my family. :thumbs:

Thanks again

·
Registered
266 Posts
great avatar

Ernest said:
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: As a Veteran of Viet Nam I salute all the brave men and women who have served and sacrificed, some with their lives so we can enjoy this great country and it's freedoms. As I sit here today and see the folded flag in it's case that draped my Father's casket a few month's ago, It makes me think of him and others who have served and done it right. God bless all veterans, servicemen & women, past, present and future, and the wonderful country that I love!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:
that pic says it all...they and you have served, so grandpas can hold new babies that are healthy,happy and free...life is good

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Thank you. As a retired AF officer who grew up in AF family during the Vietnam era and saw how the vets of that war were treated, it is great that those who serve to keep this great land of ours free are getting the respect they deserve. Churchill's speach after the Battle of Britain, "never have so many owed so much to so few" still rings true today. There is a lower percentage of those who serve and have served in the military in the population than at any time in our history. My family is an exception as my Father, brother, and I have served (my brother is about to retire), my wife is retired Navy (had a mixed marriage there - AF and Navy), her sister is in the Navy reserve, and my nephew is in the AF. San Antonio has always been a military city and treated its military members with respect, even when other parts of the nation didn't. It is good to see the military getting respect and the politicians who put them in harms way, now receiving comtemp. The difference is, the folks in the military never deserved it. I'll get off my soap box now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
TexSon said:
Thank you. As a retired AF officer who grew up in AF family during the Vietnam era and saw how the vets of that war were treated, it is great that those who serve to keep this great land of ours free are getting the respect they deserve. Churchill's speach after the Battle of Britain, "never have so many owed so much to so few" still rings true today. There is a lower percentage of those who serve and have served in the military in the population than at any time in our history. My family is an exception as my Father, brother, and I have served (my brother is about to retire), my wife is retired Navy (had a mixed marriage there - AF and Navy), her sister is in the Navy reserve, and my nephew is in the AF. San Antonio has always been a military city and treated its military members with respect, even when other parts of the nation didn't. It is good to see the military getting respect and the politicians who put them in harms way, now receiving comtemp. The difference is, the folks in the military never deserved it. I'll get off my soap box now.
Rock on...I have a family member that has struggled with getting spit on upon his return to this soil, when as a 17 year old he saw horrors in Nam, just doing what he was told to do...
I am so glad that we are backing the kids, not always the policy makers, but always the kids. When my daughter deployed, I worried if she would have a decent home coming and thankfully Americans for the most part have stepped up. In July they will again have a warm welcome home...
Times they are a changin...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts