Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call Friday from the manager of Richmond Saturn where I got my Sky. This is the best dealership I have ever dealt with. They treated me with the utmost respect and made me feel like family. He wanted to know how my sky was doing and if I was happy with it. Of course the answer was Yes. I have never owned saturn vehicles before but you can bet I will again and I will send customers to this dealership. Thanks Saturn of Richmond

·
Registered
410 Posts
HOT SKY---The Richmond dealerships did not get my business. I was a little turned off by the way they wanted to sell this product. I know that its a new product for all involved, but they get training, memos from corp. and they sell cars everyday. I felt the staff did not know the product very well and then when I had my color with all the additions that I, the customer was paying for, they said that the GM was ordering the cars for both locations as HE saw fit. I paying 27,000 to 28,000 of my money, and you say YOU GET WHAT WE ORDER. Not in my world!!!!!:nono: The staff was great, from sales , to parts, to service---I guess my complaint is the GM and his/her handling of this product:rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt have that experience at all. I guess with a hard to get item like the sky there will surely be people that are upset with how things are allocated. The car I got was MSRP and didnt have any options added that I didnt want. No dealer added anything. I told the dealership that I was willing to take some dealer add-ons in order to get the first one in Richmond. I told them that I wanted a silver with manual, leather and any other options they felt like putting on and this is what I got, no add-ons. I think Richmond Saturn puts little input into what they get from Saturn. I believe they get their cars faster if they take whats available and thus get the skys to the customer faster. My car came in on 3-16-06 and I picked it up the same day. The dealership sold it to me even though they didnt have another to show people and didnt get another for at least several days. This was really putting the customer (me) first.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Two different people, two different experiences, same dealership, go figure---By me going 1 1/2 hours away to pick up the new baby, it gave me a 110 mile first drive:driving: and that was great. My relationship with my Saturn Team is great. I'm first on the list for the redline later this year.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I stopped by the Richmond dealer on Broad Street, The salesman told me they were ordering all theres with what they wanted on them and then as each one arrives the salesmen start clling their customers, the first one there with the bucks gets the car.... To me that is not fair especially to someone that has to get off work to run down at the call then if he is not there first he loses out...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I stopped by the Richmond dealer on Broad Street, The salesman told me they were ordering all theres with what they wanted on them and then as each one arrives the salesmen start clling their customers, the first one there with the bucks gets the car.... To me that is not fair especially to someone that has to get off work to run down at the call then if he is not there first he loses out...
That is exactly how one of the dealerships over here in IL is handling it. You'd literally have to camp out in front of the place to assure that you were the first one there. :crazy:

·
Registered
149 Posts
HotSky said:
...I will send customers to this dealership. Thanks Saturn of Richmond
You might. I will tell them to run, not just walk away.:banghead: Both Richmond Saturn stores are owned by the same person.

·
Registered
410 Posts
They also have the Newport News dealership. Same stuff-- you take what we say you take. Not people first-- dealer first!!:banghead:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chip said:
You might. I will tell them to run, not just walk away.:banghead: Both Richmond Saturn stores are owned by the same person.
Sorry again for your disastifaction. Maybe if there were just enough of these doggone cars to go around....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts