Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so you pick up the new car at the dealers and lets say you take it home first to pick up a couple of things and to rub the neibours noses in it. Then what? Where is the first drive going to be to?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The first drive will be very minor.
I think tooling around town for a bit - then our tradition takes over - we always go for ice cream in a new car.:thumbs:
After that -- who knows -- It will be 4-5 months before I sit in mine.:banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... the ice cream thing sounds nice. I'm going to take my wife to Niagra on the Lake on the first weekend.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Pick-up my daughter from school!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Delnari said:
On a trailer straight to Mallett Cars!
X 2 I hope...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
The first drive will be very minor.
I think tooling around town for a bit - then our tradition takes over - we always go for ice cream in a new car.:thumbs:
After that -- who knows -- It will be 4-5 months before I sit in mine.:banghead:
Just remember not to sit in it while eating the ice cream!!! :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
off to the warmest place i can find to drive it... the KEYS sound good..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm going srait to Highway 1 in California, it winds right next to the ocean.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Just remember not to sit in it while eating the ice cream!!! :willy:
THAT -- is part of the tradition -- It goes back to when I was a kid - we'd get ice cream -- and EAT IT IN THE CAR!!
You know what? Like 50 years without a mishap. Besides with Saturns Interiors - they wash well and saddle soap for the leather -- we're good to go...
My kids have all asked -- "Going for Icream w/Mom when you pick it up??" When I told them yes they all said they'd try to meet us there... We all used to do it as a family and now my younger son did it when he bought his first new car and my daughter has done it as well. My oldest son keeps buying usd -- but he says they try to do it also...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
THAT -- is part of the tradition -- It goes back to when I was a kid - we'd get ice cream -- and EAT IT IN THE CAR!!
You know what? Like 50 years without a mishap. Besides with Saturns Interiors - they wash well and saddle soap for the leather -- we're good to go...
My kids have all asked -- "Going for Icream w/Mom when you pick it up??" When I told them yes they all said they'd try to meet us there... We all used to do it as a family and now my younger son did it when he bought his first new car and my daughter has done it as well. My oldest son keeps buying usd -- but he says they try to do it also...
Way too funny...:thumbs: .. a tradition for us too... BUT,,,.. instead of just a cone... i am getting a BANANA SPLIT....... with allll the trimmings... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
After showing off to friends and neighbors, the first non-rainy weekend we'll head across the San Joaqin valley and drive Hwy 49 through the Gold country. Or we'll do the wine country. The W's pick.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Once the Ice Cream is Done -- ROAD TRIP!!

Ok -- after the Ice cream thingy....
I have plans to do two things.
First My Daughter and SIL gave me a book for father's day that has all the haunted and strange places in Illinois. My wife and I are gonna make a list and try to see how many we can find. The other trip is to Alton IL -- this is the site of the beautiful bridge across the Mississippi River. The one that actually reminds me of a harp. I want to drive that bridge!
Once we have done that -- then I am thinking some cross country stuff....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I still have some time to think about this but I do like that Niagara on the Lake idea some nice cruisng around wine country:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
We always drive from St Pete Beach up to Clearwater Beach with each new car, maybe across the Skyway Bridge. It's nothing like Highway 1 in California, but it'll do!! I do like the ice cream idea though. Then in August or September a trip to Altanta to see the Braves!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Driving to Key West

I am going to drive to key west... Great drive surrounded by the ocean. The 7 mile bridge with the top down and the stereo loud ought to be a blast.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts