Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the look of the 2007-2010 Corvettes.

For those years the Corvette is obviously a nicer car than the Sky.

But the 2019 Z19 is hella ugly. It looks thuggish and dull.

It's NOT nicer than a Sky.

I hate the aluminum/black wheels.

The front facia cover looks like a third party body kit.

And the spotty black carbon fiber trim looks cheap.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks so much for the image.

Yes - that's it.

To me the Z19 is hideous.

Like the coupe version of the Pontiac Aztek.

·
Premium Member
5,126 Posts
I think you have to see them in person. I have not, at this point. Will as soon as they are out. I have liked the last three, but not many before that. 1967 was and always will be my favorites. Liked the 71 with the LT1 engine.

·
Registered
854 Posts
For some.. the new Vette is the sh*t. Yes it does look ricer like, but that appeals to some of the masses out there.

Always changing a good thing, sometimes F things up. With the demise of the Viper, with the popularity of the new Camaro/Mustang the PRICE you pay for it, the Kappa still has the bang for bucks, plus it still looks great after all the years with no second gen to our line up.

New model or Old one? Everyone has their favorite. Spending that kinda of money takes balls. You get what you pay for. Your money, your preference your burden.

I like the new Vette. Not as much as some earlier models. The new Vette gives the more high priced models from Euro land a run for their money, both in performance and the bottom line.

How much is too much? Price.. going up just like everything else these days. Gas.. yup that too, it IS the summer driving season after rall. Insurance prices you just never know when you will get a bill increase to your policy. Resale value... Ahhh unknown at this time. The next new thing out there... I'll wait I don't need a Vett that bad, when I have my Kappa for my fun and enjoyment on our nations highway and byways..

LAC

·
Premium Member
5,126 Posts
I liked the 50's, 60's and early 70's, after that they really got ugly for me. Really haven't cared for them until I saw a Black and Yellow one in 2015. Will have to wait and see the 2019 in person. Aero dynamics is the call, and I guess some of the quirkly looking things help it. Some think the I8 is ugly, love that car.

Without question I would take the Sky over most of the Vettes, honestly not even close. But the last few years, came close to buying a new one.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
It's a supercar that starts at $119k and tops out around $145k. It performs as well as or better than cars that cost two, three, four times as much. It ran 183MPH at the Texas mile.

When you take the cost constraints and marry them with the performance metrics, there are going to be some compromises. At 150+ MPH aerodynamics become a primary design criteria. For a car primarily intended for track days (do you really want to drive 755HP to work?), cooling is critical...GM could not afford another Z06 track overheating debacle.

So given what you get for how much you pay, some air-handling similarities to other cars seems reasonable to me. Kappa owners hardly have room to criticize other cars for the compromises that were made to hit a price point (Got a working cup holder? Can you reach the window switches?).

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-instrumented-test-review

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
It's a supercar that starts at $119k and tops out around $145k. It performs as well as or better than cars that cost two, three, four times as much. It ran 183MPH at the Texas mile.

When you take the cost constraints and marry them with the performance metrics, there are going to be some compromises. At 150+ MPH aerodynamics become a primary design criteria. For a car primarily intended for track days (do you really want to drive 755HP to work?), cooling is critical...GM could not afford another Z06 track overheating debacle.

So given what you get for how much you pay, some air-handling similarities to other cars seems reasonable to me. Kappa owners hardly have room to criticize other cars for the compromises that were made to hit a price point (Got a working cup holder? Can you reach the window switches?).

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-instrumented-test-review
This thread is not about performance but design.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Have to agree with Emmett... it is UGLY. Nothing beats a SKY for DESIGN and PRICE purposes...but all parts were made CHEAP....but it gets the OOHS and AAHS. It must be the Vogues.

Sorry but EM corvairs, have the sky beat hands down for Design and Price. .. If your into a more modern car the LM corvairs have the sky beat for Design and Price.

Consider, a near mint, one goes for maybe $15000.

But anyhow, Design is a very subjective thing. and I doubt to many folks looking to buy a $20k sky are also in the market for a Z19

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I liked the 50's, 60's and early 70's, after that they really got ugly for me. Really haven't cared for them until I saw a Black and Yellow one in 2015. Will have to wait and see the 2019 in person. Aero dynamics is the call, and I guess some of the quirkly looking things help it. Some think the I8 is ugly, love that car.

Without question I would take the Sky over most of the Vettes, honestly not even close. But the last few years, came close to buying a new one.

Hmmm, how to say this.. just keep saving those pennies for a couple more years, then you will be VERY happy. :wink::wink:

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Sorry but EM corvairs, have the sky beat hands down for Design and Price. .. If your into a more modern car the LM corvairs have the sky beat for Design and Price.

Consider, a near mint, one goes for maybe $15000.

But anyhow, Design is a very subjective thing. and I doubt to many folks looking to buy a $20k sky are also in the market for a Z19
perhaps when our cars reach 60 yrs, we can get 16K...I know I will not be around but u can PM me...I will get the message, eventually, :D....By the way, I have to disagree with u about the design...I like the Sky better...just the way it is.

I loved the Monza Spyder...and glad to see they are appreciating in value...

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
My favorite feature on this site: Ignore.

·
Premium Member
5,126 Posts
I have a friend that restored Corvairs. I liked them, but really do not compare them to the looks of the Sky, maybe moreso the Solstice. And the early Vettes.

I decided two years ago to forget buying another Vette. Had the best deal I was ever going to get, but at the moment was more involved with the Mallett. Would still buy a 67 over any of them. Second would be a 63. I liked my 71 but hated the 73. That was the end of the Vette affair for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
perhaps when our cars reach 60 yrs, we can get 16K...I know I will not be around but u can PM me...I will get the message, eventually, :D....By the way, I have to disagree with u about the design...I like the Sky better...just the way it is.

I loved the Monza Spyder...and glad to see they are appreciating in value...
Not really you might have missed the Mint comment, you would probably call those New. for $16k-$10K you can get a good daily drive for $5k any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts