Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke with my Salesman, and got my order Number... :D GGG814

2 things...

First, is the 800 number giving status info or not? I'm getting conflicting info in the forums...

Second, the restriction on Automatics... Does that apply to new images, or is it affecting the current production lines? (dealer says no, but I'm hearing conflicting info on this as well)

Thanks!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Just spoke with my Salesman, and got my order Number... :D GGG814

2 things...

First, is the 800 number giving status info or not? I'm getting conflicting info in the forums...

Second, the restriction on Automatics... Does that apply to new images, or is it affecting the current production lines? (dealer says no, but I'm hearing conflicting info on this as well)

Thanks!!!!
You would imagine that if the system took your image (which the order number confirms -- congrats) that you would be set. However if that happened how did all these people end up waiting?? I am hoping (for all you who have automatics on order) that they are ASSURED of their supply BEFORE they take orders.
I hope yours flys through and is done in two weeks -- just three days after mine:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm at a bit of a loss how their Supply Chain Management could be so out of wack in this day and age... At least enough so that orders are being held up for basic items like wheels and transmissions. :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Yea, I'm at a bit of a loss how their Supply Chain Management could be so out of wack in this day and age... At least enough so that orders are being held up for basic items like wheels and transmissions. :banghead:
There is this thing where the old Saturn order system is being assimilated into the GM order system (toss out all the numbers and start over...) that -- regardless on how well they plan, will screw you up... Great planning -- "Listen we are going to start a new model car, built differently than most of our inventory, using a JIT supply chain. Oh let's change the whole order system right in the FREAKING middle of it!":banghead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
830 Posts
You know thats a very good point. First: if the orders that are in for Auto's have not been filled, why take more? Second: if you have a 5% cap on Chrome wheels and Autos and the first production run is 10,000 thats only 500 set of chrome or Autos, not to hard for any production plant to produce in fact most I have delt with wont take and order for less than 500 units it's not cost effective Seal9:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I wasn't aware that they are piloting JIT with this line... I used to work in a manufacturing shop and we had huge issues moving to JIT. I can't imaging changing a core production system at the same time! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Trebuchet said:
Wow, I wasn't aware that they are piloting JIT with this line... I used to work in a manufacturing shop and we had huge issues moving to JIT. I can't imaging changing a core production system at the same time! :eek:
I am assuming it because they run out. Just In Time (JIT) rarely lives up to its name, usually it is referred to as TFL (Too F*&king Late). . .
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top