Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the real deal. Run your car on piss (aka urine).

The physics are all there. You think H2O is the craze? That's only two hydrogen per Oxygen. Urine is (NH2)2CO. Yes, boys and girls, that's FOUR....say it it gain FOUR Hydrogen atoms sitting in that molecule. And the bonding isn't as tight as H20. "Whereas extracting hydrogen from water requires 1.23 volts, extracting hydrogen from urea only requires 0.37 volts" (Source Wikipedia).

Just think, the day will come when you run out of Hydrogen for your vehicle, and you have roadside assistance. They won't bring you Hydrogen, they'll bring you beer! Down a few...wait....and voila....all the urea you need. You'll be back on the road in no time.

Damn, I wish I had some video skills. I'd make a video of this project, complete with interviews with chemists and have several testimonials.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i think youre on to something here :D.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Not to be a naysayer... but urine is usually composed of around 95% water on average... even more AFTER drinking ALCOHOL! :thumbs:

Carbamide (or Urea) is only one of many components that makes up urine.

Of course, I do agree that Roadside Assistance should bring beer!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Not to be a naysayer... but urine is usually composed of around 95% water on average... even more when drinking!

spag you drink urine? weirdo haha.

I could see it now, where's the next reststop>?

just get out and wizz in the pisstank HAHA

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just think, the day will come when you run out of Hydrogen for your vehicle, and you have roadside assistance. They won't bring you Hydrogen, they'll bring you beer! Down a few...wait....and voila....all the urea you need. You'll be back on the road in no time.
The problem with that is when you're my age, It could take considerably longer to provide enough .....err....how should I say this....necessary recycled beer to get back on the road again and by that time I wouldn't be fit to drive. :glol::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
So . . every beer hall and bar could become a refueling station?

And you could separate the liquid wastes, put them into a holding / concentration tank where much of the water could be evaporated, leaving concentrated "fuel" products.

Sounds interesting.

Who gets to clean out the "gas tank" in your car?:confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I for one do not need the mental image of old greezer geesers with their peters stuck in the fuel fill holey hole :skep:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Must not be anything important in the news for the poster? How about the economy? Better than what was posted. Maybe some other miraculous engine fuel, garbage maybe like in "Back to the future".

·
Super Moderator
5,876 Posts
Bogie : Here's the real deal. Run your car on piss (aka urine).

The physics are all there. You think H2O is the craze? That's only two hydrogen per Oxygen. Urine is (NH2)2CO. Yes, boys and girls, that's FOUR....say it it gain FOUR Hydrogen atoms sitting in that molecule. And the bonding isn't as tight as H20. "Whereas extracting hydrogen from water requires 1.23 volts, extracting hydrogen from urea only requires 0.37 volts" (Source Wikipedia).

Damn, I wish I had some video skills. I'd make a video of this project, complete with interviews with chemists and have several testimonials.
If I thought this was at all a serious post I would attempt to correct your misconceptions. Since it can't possibly be serious I won't.

·
Registered
215 Posts
BP stations could change thier name to "Bladder Pumps". :cheers::lol:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Cross training

Auto mechanics would have to get certified to handle medical waste.

Urine is not flamable, (at least I don't think it is, never actually tried it myself) so it would be safer if you had to transport quantities of it from places where an abundance is produced to where there is a larger demand.

·
Registered
479 Posts
This would be great as it would eliminate all those bottles full of pee that the truckers keep throwing out on the highway. I'm I the only one that notices them? Nasty! Please stop it! :ack:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Urine is not flamable, (at least I don't think it is, never actually tried it myself) so it would be safer if you had to transport quantities of it from places where an abundance is produced to where there is a larger demand.
Yeah, but can you imagine the traffic tie up when one of those tankers overturns?

Who'd a thunk, I've been pissing in the wrong end, ever since Red Dawn, I've been wizzing in the radiator! :banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts