Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was into a Saturn dealership today to look at colour samples. The sales person told me that if I was interested in purchasing a Sky I should pre order now.

His manager told me a month ago that they would likely get an allocation of 10 cars and that they had pre-orders for 4 at that time. This guy was saying that the dealership would likely get about 5 and that he had 5 pre-orders in the bag.

I didn't tell him I had already pre-ordered a Sky from another dealership. I was checking the place out. Nice dealership but I didn't like the feeling I was getting from this guy. :mad:

I had one dealer a couple of months ago that wouldn't take my money. Well we'll see how it all goes. In the mean time I have to find some way to keep my mind off the Sky. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Well pre-orders will usually mean sales, which is what they're in business to do. Pre-orders also let GM guage interest and interest by locality. Also unless you pre-order you're pretty much SOL on getting a car for a long while. Like if you walked into a Pontiac dealership now and ordered a Solstice you'd be waiting till the end of Q1 begining of Q2 more then likely to get a car. Depends on the dealership, but it seems most dealers have sold all of their first 4 month allocation plus some.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
Well pre-orders will usually mean sales, which is what they're in business to do. Pre-orders also let GM guage interest and interest by locality. Also unless you pre-order you're pretty much SOL on getting a car for a long while. Like if you walked into a Pontiac dealership now and ordered a Solstice you'd be waiting till the end of Q1 begining of Q2 more then likely to get a car. Depends on the dealership, but it seems most dealers have sold all of their first 4 month allocation plus some.
If you mean by a pre-order is putting down a deposit and signing a sales contract i guess i have one... otherwise what are you talking about a Pre-order?

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
See I just want to get a 2007 SKY Redline. If I have to wait until 06 December to take deliver that's fine with me. It's not about when I get the car, it's about getting it period.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to see how it feels with 170 HP. My Nissan NX has good pickup and it only has 140 HP. My NX is a bigger car at that. If I get the Redline version it will be because the 2.4L doesn't have enough pickup for me.

I have no intention of racing this thing.

BTW thanks for the replys.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
classic66vair said:
If you mean by a pre-order is putting down a deposit and signing a sales contract i guess i have one... otherwise what are you talking about a Pre-order?
Deposit with a contract is a pre-order.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
ok thanks, but they did not have any info on options or anything when i put down my deposit they said i could choose that at the time i get to place my order.. but i already know what i want....
only options I want are the 6 disk MP3 CD and Monsoon sound system, maybe the Locking diff. but I have had them and they can make driving in slick conditions hairy...I wonder if floor mats will be optional...
I am planning on getting some custom seat covers made to go over the standard cloth seats, the kind that repel water... just in case... (don't like leather)

·
Registered
623 Posts
My order will be easy... 2007 SKY RL, Loaded Manual Tranny.

·
Registered
242 Posts
brentil said:
TRUE. MY RECEIPT STATES "DOWN PAYMENT"......I LIKE THAT......"DOWN PAYMENT".....IT JUST FLOWS DOESN'T IT......I KNOW THAT MY CAR IS "IN THE BAG"! :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
did anyone see the other post on another thread where one fellow says he has already placed an order and his will be the third in the nation? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:willy: Going down for sure tomorrow morning and taking care of business. See everybody later in the evening to let you know how it goes. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
classic66vair said:
did anyone see the other post on another thread where one fellow says he has already placed an order and his will be the third in the nation? :confused:
I'm thinking that might be some dealer feed BS. You can feed it to cows, but that's all it's good for.

·
Registered
554 Posts
This reminds me of a post before the Solstice first 1000 special where a dealer in MI claim he was getting 5 of them before they even open up the ordering system. Because his dealership was number 1 in the nation and had a direct connection to Pontiac. He didn't get squat!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hopefully when the RL comes out I will be able to walk into my dealer and order one. I don't care about waiting 6 months to a year for it, as long as I get that MY 2007 SKY RL....

·
Registered
242 Posts
marklynn70 said:
:willy: Going down for sure tomorrow morning and taking care of business. See everybody later in the evening to let you know how it goes. :willy:
good luck, friend :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Hopefully when the RL comes out I will be able to walk into my dealer and order one. I don't care about waiting 6 months to a year for it, as long as I get that MY 2007 SKY RL....
I'd suggest getting on a waiting list for one NOW then. Otherwise you're going to be waiting 6 months-year + 6 more months due to not being on a list. The RL/GXP versions of this car are going to be far more limited, and will be ain much greater demand too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'll be getting on a waiting list for second year production of the RL version, everything except onstar, likely in black, maybe white, unless some other color really grabs me.

how much deposit are they asking you guys to put down?

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
I'd suggest getting on a waiting list for one NOW then. Otherwise you're going to be waiting 6 months-year + 6 more months due to not being on a list. The RL/GXP versions of this car are going to be far more limited, and will be ain much greater demand too.
None of the dealers in my area have an official list (w/ deposit). I am on a pre-list at Saturn of Lakeside. I am going to e-mail them today to see if I need to put down a deposit.

EDIT: They are not taking deposits at this time. I am now asking when they will be taking them. I hope Saturn of Lakeside will get at least one RL! (they also own Saturn of Warren)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
None of the dealers in my area have an official list (w/ deposit). I am on a pre-list at Saturn of Lakeside. I am going to e-mail them today to see if I need to put down a deposit.
Pster them once a week till they start a list and make you #1 on it (unless they alreayd have others waiting). Get it in writing, and get the GM to sign it. If you don't you're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot. We unfortunately have a couple members who got screwed along the way because the dealer promised one thing, but it never happened. Always ensure you have a well documented paper trail of all transactions. Have them print stuff up, sign, and date it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
Pster them once a week till they start a list and make you #1 on it (unless they alreayd have others waiting). Get it in writing, and get the GM to sign it. If you don't you're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot. We unfortunately have a couple members who got screwed along the way because the dealer promised one thing, but it never happened. Always ensure you have a well documented paper trail of all transactions. Have them print stuff up, sign, and date it.
They took my name, address, phone numbers, and e-mail again. I am saving all the e-mails but I don't know how far that will go. They don't seem to be that concerned about it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts