Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be the best $11 you can spend on your Kappa if you have squeaks and/or rattles. I had plenty of both and the combination became just flat embarrassing a few days ago when I had a passenger.

I ordered this stuff: https://amzn.to/3WmJcn0
Liquid Product Fluid Drinkware Orange

When it arrived I coated every rubber gasket I could find (doors, hood, trunk, top), let it dry then closed the top and went for a ride. The squeaks are entirely gone and (I'm not sure why) so are the rattles associated with the top being closed. The bottle comes with an applicator on top (think liquid shoe polish) so using it is a snap.

Cheers!

· Registered
3,072 Posts
Haven't used that but I regularly use this one - excellent product.

· Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
183 Posts
This might be the best $11 you can spend on your Kappa if you have squeaks and/or rattles. I had plenty of both and the combination became just flat embarrassing a few days ago when I had a passenger.
I treat all the rubber I can get my hands on annually with Shin-Etsu Grease. From what I have read it's basically the Japanese version of Gummi Pfledge only it comes in a tube. It may be all in my head but the act of massaging it into the rubber seals with my fingers rather than using an applicator seems more effective. Kind of like spray on sun-tan lotion vs the rub on kind, especially if you're applying it to someone your attracted to. 😎

1 - 6 of 6 Posts