Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think the hold up is on the cars in march........not alot of people are recieving there cars that were imaged in march....I wondering if they were building the canadian orders of late.....I was imaged on the 22 of march and no news.....6 weeks and nothing.....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Boo Hoo...

I was imaged on December 23/2005 and just got preferenced end of April.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hell, I ain't getting my car to November or December most likely....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Skybeam - I'm wondering the same thing. We were imaged 3/14 and still very little information 7 weeks later. Dealer originally told us 6-8 weeks from image to when we get the car -- yeah right!! :willy:

We were told we were being "put in line" for production 4/24... But that doesn't seem to mean anything yet... I hoped that meant like the TPW, but it doesn't appear so since others with a TPW on 4/24 already have VIN's!

I'll post if I hear anything more on our order! Good luck to ya! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm with ya Jen...

Still sitting at 030 after 7 weeks...
No word of a TPW or VIN or even an estimate for a TPW yet.

But some people that imaged a week later with my exact same car specs, have VINS and cars being shipped to them =/

Frustrating...

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you live in a metropolitan area with many saturn dealerships around, I would call every one of them, every few days, to see if they've gotten any in. I didn't order my SKY, i walked into the dealer the day it arrived and the person who had pre-ordered it had changed their mind, and I got lucky and drove out with it. They had others on their lists, but my car is polar white and those on the list all wanted black. Since I know someone else wanting one now, I've been calling the dealerships (there are 7 in the DC area) every few days, they are getting shipments in...a dealer in Alexandria Virginia had 3 on the lot last weekend. They were all sold, but when my white SKY first came in, it was considered sold too I suppose. Maybe you'll get lucky like I did. Just an idea, I know how horrible it is to wait around for something you really want, maybe trying this would help. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have not heard of any official delays or problems. The slow production is probably due in part to continued Solstice production, which is seeing higher volumes. They probably only build so many Sky's in a day, then build so many Solstice's, and on and on...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll bet that the Sols and the Skys are not built on the same day but that there are scheduled production days and/or weeks for each car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
SKYtime said:
I'll bet that the Sols and the Skys are not built on the same day but that there are scheduled production days and/or weeks for each car.
I do not think it is that segmented.... since they are basically the same car anyway there would be no reason to split it up by day or week anyway. If I hear more on it, I will post an update.

Just a fun fact, but Ford and Mazda have a joint venture plant in Flint Rock Michigan, which builds the Mazda6 sedan and Ford Mustang. The two cars couldn't be more different. No common architecture, parts, drivetrain locations, etc. The plant can convert from producing one vehicle to the other in 15 minutes. :eek: It is one heck of a turnaround, and one heck of a flexable plant! (although very different than Wilmington... just thought I'd throw this out as a fun bit of info).

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I do not think it is that segmented.... since they are basically the same car anyway there would be no reason to split it up by day or week anyway. If I hear more on it, I will post an update.

Just a fun fact, but Ford and Mazda have a joint venture plant in Flint Rock Michigan, which builds the Mazda6 sedan and Ford Mustang. The two cars couldn't be more different. No common architecture, parts, drivetrain locations, etc. The plant can convert from producing one vehicle to the other in 15 minutes. :eek: It is one heck of a turnaround, and one heck of a flexable plant! (although very different than Wilmington... just thought I'd throw this out as a fun bit of info).

Interesting tidbit there...thanks! I thought all Mazdas were built in Japan. Almost bought a Mazda 3 before the Sky stole my heart. :D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
skybeam said:
what do you think the hold up is on the cars in march........not alot of people are recieving there cars that were imaged in march....I wondering if they were building the canadian orders of late.....I was imaged on the 22 of march and no news.....6 weeks and nothing.....
Imaged in early JANUARY!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Maybe I can go pick it up and drive it to ya', Gibson! :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
nscrbug said:
Interesting tidbit there...thanks! I thought all Mazdas were built in Japan. Almost bought a Mazda 3 before the Sky stole my heart. :D
US manufactured is the Tribute, Mazda6. Japan built is the Mazda3, RX-7, and RX-8, and their minivan. I am not sure where the new CX7 sport ute will be built, but since it is based on the new Ford Edge platform I am guessing it will be domestic too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts