Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
Is there any way of finding out what number it is in the 89? Anyone have that info?
You would need every Vin# of a Hydro Blue and count backwards..
Or we go by production date and get a general idea of where it falls in those 89 from the data GM provided for the PPS mat recall. (I have every Hydo Blue VIN...)

tporter, I can find it based on the last 6 of the vin, ROUGHLY.

You see the data we have tells us what date they rolled off the line but not what time or what order so if 4 Hydro Blues were built on the same day as yours, we know it's production order to an error of +/-2 cars roughly.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Or we go by production date and get a general idea of where it falls in those 89 from the data GM provided for the PPS mat recall. (I have every Hydro Blue VIN...)

tporter, I can find it based on the last 6 of the vin, ROUGHLY.

You see the data we have tells us what date they rolled off the line but not what time or what order so if 4 Hydro Blues were built on the same day as yours, we know it's production order to an error of +/-2 cars roughly.
I have pulled the Hydro Blues out of my copy of the spreadsheet data (and I found 89 of them), sorted by build date, and then by VIN, and there are several instances where there were more than 1 or 2 built on the same day, so if some one were to want to know exactly where theirs was in that bunch, we could only give them an approximation.

Of course, build date only shows the date when the car rolled off the end of the line, not when it started down the line which may add a complication to the data stream, but we'll never know.

I plan to let sleeping dogs sleep, my way of saying: don't bother me with questions.

: seeya :

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I have pulled the Hydro Blues out of my copy of the spreadsheet data (and I found 89 of them), sorted by build date, and then by VIN, and there are several instances where there were more than 1 or 2 built on the same day, so if some one were to want to know exactly where theirs was in that bunch, we could only give them an approximation.

Of course, build date only shows the date when the car rolled off the end of the line, not when it started down the line which may add a complication to the data stream, but we'll never know.

I plan to let sleeping dogs sleep, my way of saying: don't bother me with questions.

: seeya :

LOL Like I said, we can figure it out roughly but we'll never know for sure.

And for me, a car isn't built until it's actually finished and rolling off the line so when it started down the line would be immaterial to me. When we look at winners of a race, we don't care who started first (unless we're talking the 1966 Le Mans...).

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
LOL Like I said, we can figure it out roughly but we'll never know for sure.

And for me, a car isn't built until it's actually finished and rolling off the line so when it started down the line would be immaterial to me. When we look at winners of a race, we don't care who started first (unless we're talking the 1966 Le Mans...).
I always wonder about those cars that get booted off the line for one reason or another. I wonder whether they ever get back on the line, or do they just end up in car limbo? How many cars get "lost", or end up only half built in a barn in the middle of Pennsylvania?

: Thoughts for the day :

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there any way of finding out what number it is in the 89? Anyone have that info?
It is most likely your car was Hydro Blue number 66. Using the factual built day and assuming they where built in order on that day.

BTW: There where 3 Hydro Blue bust jobs (not rolling off the line in sequential order) that resulted in a different (than would be expected from the VIN) built date.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
BTW: There where 3 Hydro Blue bust jobs (not rolling off the line in sequential order) that resulted in a different (than would be expected from the VIN) built date.
Wouldn't these cars though have an accurate build date of when they came off the line finally? I mean, we would never know what order for that day they rolled off the line, but we'd have a good idea of their place in the build history, yes?

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Wouldn't these cars though have an accurate build date of when they came off the line finally? I mean, we would never know what order for that day they rolled off the line, but we'd have a good idea of their place in the build history, yes?
This is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looking at a hydro blue
Vin# 1G8MD35B79Y107900
Anyone have any info on this car?
Build date, carfax info? TIA
Sorry, don't check in very often..
You have 3 open Recalls.
N162080281 2006-2010 MY Pontiac Solstice, Saturn SKY - Passenger presence system (PPS) 06/20/2017 Open
N140113 REPLACE IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER AND IGNITION KEY 04/16/2014 Open
N140092 IGNITION SWITCH REPLACEMENT 04/03/2014 Open

Your onstar is inactive your XM status shows as Active.

The rear compartment Lid Hinge was replaced at 460mi on 8/19/2009
at SATURN OF MADISON
310 WEST BELTLINE HIGHWAY
MADISON WI 53713-2609

Invoice date was 5/4/2009
SATURN OF ROCKFORD
343 N PERRYVILLE RD
ROCKFORD IL 61107-6201

Delivered 8/3/2009
To same as invoice

Manual Trans
Baseline 2.4L
UW5 6 speaker sound system
U2K xm Sat radio

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
It was built 5/1/2009. .
Uhm, can we get into what it means built on 5/1 ... a car is built along a line and might not get out in one day.

I show the last scan at the plant was 5.4.2009
The Body control module and some of the sensors were installed on 5/1/2009.

The 3 day gap seems large, my guess it got pulled for something, and final scan was 5/4

And on the discussion of which car was built first.. well scan info shows time.. this was scanned at 13:22:00

Before others asked, my enthusiasm for this was killed a several years ago, hence why initial post is deleted. I probably have 1/3 to 1/2 the cars (including scan times) pulled into my database (LOL engineer speak for excel spreadsheet) For Hydro Blues.. probably will never finish... but To the question.. yes someone could compile a build order including time of last scan so you would know the real order.

:cheers:

EDIT-- took me 5 min to even find it.. got through car 50. and did 89. so hey only 48 more to go..

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Uhm, can we get into what it means built on 5/1 ... a car is built along a line and might not get out in one day.
All I know is what was in the information that GM released to NHTSA with regard to the PPS recall. Robo and I and a few others have copies of that info.

When GM says the build date was 5/1, that is close enough for me, it's also the best info I have from what GM released to the NHTSA.

For the most part it is relatively immaterial, except as it relates to all the other build dates that are on the lists.

I am well aware of the bust out, bust in cycling and that a car may spend more than one day on the line. For the future, shall I assume the the GM sourced "build date" is when the car started down the line? or when it rolled off the end of the line?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Thank you.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
The VIN number is assigned before the vehicle starts down the assembly line.

:dunno:

Exactly....not saying this is gospel....but u know the sticker that is placed on your side of the door...it has the build date and Vin#....I say that that is printed the exact time the Vin# is assigned....not saying this is gospel but it would seem logical.

If u go to UTube and view how our car goes down the assembly line....u never see that sticker being applied when the car is completed.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts

I show the last scan at the plant was 5.4.2009
The Body control module and some of the sensors were installed on 5/1/2009.

The 3 day gap seems large, my guess it got pulled for something, and final scan was 5/4

And on the discussion of which car was built first.. well scan info shows time.. this was scanned at 13:22:00

Before others asked, my enthusiasm for this was killed a several years ago, hence why initial post is deleted. I probably have 1/3 to 1/2 the cars (including scan times) pulled into my database (LOL engineer speak for excel spreadsheet) For Hydro Blues.. probably will never finish... but To the question.. yes someone could compile a build order including time of last scan so you would know the real order.

:cheers:

EDIT-- took me 5 min to even find it.. got through car 50. and did 89. so hey only 48 more to go..
Sir, you have no idea how I wish I had access to the build data you do. LOL The only folks capable of compiling that info are those who work for GM. :D Us mere mortals don't have access to that kind of data that I know of. (Otherwise I'd probably have a new hobby....)

And as a software developer, blasphemy you calling an Excel spreadsheet a database. LOL ;)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts