Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Jalopnik.com
April 14, 2006

"One pretty sweet line-item on GM’s presentation budget showed up at the New York show in the form of a display booth demonstrating the Saturn Sky’s internals. Inside a darkened room off the Saturn exhibit, a Sky was suspended at a steep angle while computer-controlled projectors fired off images of what’s underneath onto the Sky’s skin, making it look like a 3-D x-ray image. Check it out"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwe0ZeBWQ8&eurl=

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea, they had that display at the Detroit Auto Show. It was cool, but the way the little room was set up a lot of people didn't even know it was there. There was a display of a Midnight Blue one outside the room, so a lot of people never got past that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Same with the Chicago Auto Show.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It's similar in NY. The booth is really dark, so I didn't even realize there was anything in there at first. In fact, I was standing in front of it and thought there was a wall behind me until I turned around and was surprised by the open room. Every so often, the spokesmodel leads people in there, but other than that it's usually pretty empty.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
the room is empty not because they didn't see the room...the people were gawking both the red line in front of it...or the silver pearl to the left of it...everyone wants to see the REAL THING. You should have seen the people trying to sit in the silver pearl. Of course they did not permit anyone near the RL. Do u believe people want to stand around in a dark room and see pics of construction?

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yes, those of us in DC also got treated to Club Sky.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
marlboromike said:
the room is empty not because they didn't see the room...the people were gawking both the red line in front of it...or the silver pearl to the left of it...everyone wants to see the REAL THING. You should have seen the people trying to sit in the silver pearl. Of course they did not permit anyone near the RL. Do u believe people want to stand around in a dark room and see pics of construction?

MarlboroMike
Um- yeah? It's a pretty cool exhibit and people did go in and check it out when she said it was there, but not so much at any other time. If I knew the exhibit existed and stood right in front of it thinking a wall was behind me, and people posted that they attended other shows with no RL and didn't see Club Sky, then I think there's something to that. It doesn't really metter anyway.

While I was next to the Silver Pearl, I heard a few of the comments from people who sat in it. Two pairs of people decided the interior looked or felt cheap, one felt cramped, and the rest seemed to be really pleased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts