Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Listening tothe announcers talk about the shutting of the Pontiac brand just pisses me off all over again. Great looking cars, though, and auctioned for pretty much retail!:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Why?

Listening tothe announcers talk about the shutting of the Pontiac brand just pisses me off all over again. Great looking cars, though, and auctioned for pretty much retail!:mad:
Why does that piss you off? just the whole thinking about the loss of the brand? the comments they made all seemed if not positive at least respectful and certainly accurate - maybe bordering on reverent?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
70k isn't much of a markup really, someone got a great deal IMO.
The gavel price was $73k. Add the buyer's commission of 10% or 7.3k, and the buyer paid $80.3k for the pair.

Don't forget the seller commission due B-J also. 8% of 73000 is $5,840.

Buyer pays $80,300

Barrett-Jackson keeps $13,140

Seller receives $67, 160

For the record, B-J apportioned the selling price $55,000 for the coupe and $25,300 for the convertible.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
so youre complaining about a $30k car being sold for $70K? hmmm....

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Keep in mind, already collectable cars are selling at almost half what they sold for 4 years ago. You can get some classics very cheap now. Economy is still real bad. This is not a good time to judge the collect-ability of your kappa.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Keep in mind, already collectable cars are selling at almost half what they sold for 4 years ago. You can get some classics very cheap now. Economy is still real bad. This is not a good time to judge the collect-ability of your kappa.
Absolutely the worst time to sell and the very best time to buy. I was watching the B-J show yesterday and noted numerous great deals, Chevelles, Camaros, heck even saw 2 AMX Javlins, all in the mid $20K range. Three years ago those same cars (at B-J) were going to 2x to 3x what they are going for today. I think the two SOLs for the $73K was a great deal.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Absolutely the worst time to sell and the very best time to buy. I was watching the B-J show yesterday and noted numerous great deals, Chevelles, Camaros, heck even saw 2 AMX Javlins, all in the mid $20K range. Three years ago those same cars (at B-J) were going to 2x to 3x what they are going for today. I think the two SOLs for the $73K was a great deal.
My father and I always wanted to own a 57 Chevy Belair. Prices for a great restoration were $70K ++. Now, $25-35K will buy you a top shelf restored vehicle that probably has more than that in physical investment money, WITHOUT counting labor!!

·
7,014 Posts
I think the two SOLs for the $73K was a great deal.
You can buy four (4) Sols for that $73K price on eBay..... :D
The $73K price for those two car were way-over-price, IMHO..
The only thing those two cars had was the year they were built (2010 Vin #), sure its going to add a few more bucks for that, but they are exactly like the 2008-9s.....

·
7,014 Posts
My father and I always wanted to own a 57 Chevy Belair. Prices for a great restoration were $70K ++. Now, $25-35K will buy you a top shelf restored vehicle that probably has more than that in physical investment money, WITHOUT counting labor!!
Not that's an everybody wants one car.... :thumbs:
I been eying those for over 30 years.... :willy:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Did anyone ever find out who the buyer was and where they ended up?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The only thing those two cars had was the year they were built (2010 Vin #),
You should probably rephrase that. Those cars were built in 2009, earlier in many cases than a lot of the regular 2009 model year cars. The only difference was that they gave them different serial numbers and called then 2010 test models. Not a single one was built in 2010, they were mostly back in the April-June 2009 time frame.

·
7,014 Posts
You should probably rephrase that. Those cars were built in 2009, earlier in many cases than a lot of the regular 2009 model year cars. The only difference was that they gave them different serial numbers and called then 2010 test models. Not a single one was built in 2010, they were mostly back in the April-June 2009 time frame.
I understand that, that's the reason I put down (2010 Vin#) Those cars are classified as 2010 cars.... (I shouldn't have use the word "Build") My car is a 2009 and built date is 7/08..... Thank you for the correction....

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here r the last KAPPAS ever produced...and the last employees left to close up the Wilmington Plant. We were there. It was really a bittersweet day.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts