Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going tomorrow to get approve for my loan....I was wondering if they are requiring a downpayment on these cars and if how much

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
skybeam said:
I am going tomorrow to get approve for my loan....I was wondering if they are requiring a downpayment on these cars and if how much
I don't think they REQUIRE a down payment, but the more money you give up front the less the payment. I have A LOT of aftermarket stuff on mine, and my drive-off was just short of $37k (with the car at MSRP). I turned my car in, which wasn't paid off, I got $2k for it + my $500 deposit and my payments are $600/month. I guess it all depends on what you can afford. Please keep in mind, mine was financed and not a lease. I haven't been keeping up on ALL of the threads, so I don't even know if you can lease.

·
Registered
517 Posts
skybeam said:
I didn't pay a down payment. My car was MSRP which was about 25,700. 4% loan, 498.00 month.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Was the 4% loan from Saturn, a bank or a credit union? Just curious.:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
bumsky2 said:
Was the 4% loan from Saturn, a bank or a credit union? Just curious.:)
Credit union. I have financed most of my vehicles there except when I got a 0% on my Jeep Wrangler in 2003. Saturn was going to go through a local bank anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Credit union financing here as well.....................:cool:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I don't think they REQUIRE a down payment, but the more money you give up front the less the payment. I have A LOT of aftermarket stuff on mine, and my drive-off was just short of $37k (with the car at MSRP). I turned my car in, which wasn't paid off, I got $2k for it + my $500 deposit and my payments are $600/month. I guess it all depends on what you can afford. Please keep in mind, mine was financed and not a lease. I haven't been keeping up on ALL of the threads, so I don't even know if you can lease.
Wow, that's quite a pricetag! What aftermarket stuff did you add on? Inquiring minds want to know........................:cool:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Not sure about other states, but for some reason cannot lease from Saturn period here in Arizona...:banghead: But thats cool, cause I would'nt have any way. Already promised daughter it would be hers in 5 years. :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
We used a credit union @5%. Out the door the price was a little under 25K and we applied Uncle Sams tax rebate and got $351 per month for 5 years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
We used a credit union @5%. Out the door the price was a little under 25K and we applied Uncle Sams tax rebate and got $351 per month for 5 years.
Even if you didn't get any options added it would be over 25K with the MI sales tax. What credit union did you use? Did they give you the prime rate? I'm still shopping around for a good rate.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My 20" tires and Foose wheels alone were $3,500. I got the navigation system, Lojack (early warning), Cold Air Intake, premium trim, ummmmm what else, XM Radio........ I can't even remember everything to be honest.... But I also financed through a credit union at 5.4%.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am financing through my credit Union at 3.0% in California. Best rate around, but my credit rating is A1 and the down pmt is pretty large, so I was able to get a great deal. My GM couldn't believe the rate. They (GM) are at 5.8 or something like that.

Theresa
Chili Pepper Red
Blk top
Prem Pkg
LSD - Spoiler
18' chrome whls
CD/Monsoon stereo
Prem. alarm system (by force)
Image - 4/4 order #GGG732
Vin 5/3/06 (?) #102157
ETA - 5/26/06

·
Registered
453 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
My 20" tires and Foose wheels alone were $3,500. I got the navigation system, Lojack (early warning), Cold Air Intake, premium trim, ummmmm what else, XM Radio........ I can't even remember everything to be honest.... But I also financed through a credit union at 5.4%.
Hi Angel:
Just wondering what the price on the LoJack is? Curious to see if it's affordable? I imagine there is the up front price and monthly charges?

T

·
Registered
266 Posts
They (GM) are at 5.8 or something like that.
yesterday I was told GMAC on the Sky is 6.7% :willy:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Lojack

If you can, do NOT get Lojack through Saturn/GM, the prices are marked up extremely high. I believe I paid around $900 for it. The good part is that it just goes into the financing, the bad part is, Saturn made a lot of extra money off of me. I guess it all depends. I like convenience and it was on it. I didn't buy it because I wanted it, I didn't have a choice because it was already on the car. I'm okay with it though.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
If you can, do NOT get Lojack through Saturn/GM, the prices are marked up extremely high. I believe I paid around $900 for it. The good part is that it just goes into the financing, the bad part is, Saturn made a lot of extra money off of me. I guess it all depends. I like convenience and it was on it. I didn't buy it because I wanted it, I didn't have a choice because it was already on the car. I'm okay with it though.
HOLY COW, I only paid $595. thru my dealer. Looks like they made a bunch off of you girlfriend....:nono:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts