Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It just came to me awhile ago, just how special this little roadster called the SKY really is. Think about this:

We are all aware of the many great things about this vehicle, and the satisfaction & prestige of owning the SKY, but the fact that this is going to be a really special car in that I can never recall any new car that had the power to bring together so many good people all over the US & Canada,, and turn them into a close family, that share all the ups & downs that we experience. We are always there for support of each other, when things get rough on one of us, this forum lights up with help and condolences, support and prayer. Thru this vehicle bonds have formed, friendships that will last far beyond mere owning the same type of vehicle. And the greatest thing about the SKY is, it has done all this without even being in the showrooms yet. I don't know about yall, but to me it seems miraculous! Maybe they should call it Saturn SKY, the Miracle Roadster.

I would like to say thanks to all of you for being my good friends, and I will be a good friend to you, someday, we just got to all come together at some central location, equidistant to all, and have ourselves the biggest reunion that could possibly take place. Man don't you know that would the biggest hoot of all!!!!!!:lol: :lol: It would be more fun than smoking cigerettes. tear the rag offen the bush, or rip the laundry off the line, anyway you say it, WE ARE FAMILY!!!!!:thumbs: THANKS to all, and keeps those comments comin', YA HEAR!!!!:cheers:

Your comments, or thoughts, if any appreciated.

GOD Bless,
ERNEST:D :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ernest said:
It just came to me awhile ago, just how special this little roadster called the SKY really is. Think about this:

We are all aware of the many great things about this vehicle, and the satisfaction & prestige of owning the SKY, but the fact that this is going to be a really special car in that I can never recall any new car that had the power to bring together so many good people all over the US & Canada,, and turn them into a close family, that share all the ups & downs that we experience. We are always there for support of each other, when things get rough on one of us, this forum lights up with help and condolences, support and prayer. Thru this vehicle bonds have formed, friendships that will last far beyond mere owning the same type of vehicle. And the greatest thing about the SKY is, it has done all this without even being in the showrooms yet. I don't know about yall, but to me it seems miraculous! Maybe they should call it Saturn SKY, the Miracle Roadster.

I would like to say thanks to all of you for being my good friends, and I will be a good friend to you, someday, we just got to all come together at some central location, equidistant to all, and have ourselves the biggest reunion that could possibly take place. Man don't you know that would the biggest hoot of all!!!!!!:lol: :lol: It would be more fun than smoking cigerettes. tear the rag offen the bush, or rip the laundry off the line, anyway you say it, WE ARE FAMILY!!!!!:thumbs: THANKS to all, and keeps those comments comin', YA HEAR!!!!:cheers:

GOD Bless,
Well ya know you can count me in sweetie..... :thumbs: :cheers: And by the way, I completly agree with what you said, I just could not have put it any better :grouphug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ernest said:

GOD Bless,
You've never been to many good car forums, have you? The best one like that is http://www.nasioc.com I've been family there since 1999. Yes, almost 7 years now on an online community centered around a car... the Impreza.

It is *is* a family there. Heck, most of my 'friends' there are friends in real life.

I wouldn't expect any less from this place. ;)

--kC

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Yep

Yep thats what I think, this is a wonderful wonderful site and the people are like family. Thank you for writting such a wonderful thread.

Kimberly
ChiliSky:grouphug:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Get together

:banghead: Sounds like a heck of an idea. I'm from Indiana and I personally would like to see GM get us set up to do a parade lap around the 500 track. Wouldn't that be out of site to see 50 or more Skys traveling around the 500 track? I've done it in my Model A Ford with about 700 other Model As and that was neat.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm always up for a trip to the Bricks, Baby!

I agree with you, Ernest! I have come to enjoy checking the posts and chatting with y'all everyday. Such a nice post!!

As far as the Indy......I'M IN!!!!

Nothing could be more rewarding than a trip to the bricks in my new baby and getting to drool all over the studs of NASCAR!!! But I say we do it for the Brickyard 400 not the Indy 500! Much cuter guys and all good 'ol rednecks!:driving:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
:banghead: Sounds like a heck of an idea. I'm from Indiana and I personally would like to see GM get us set up to do a parade lap around the 500 track. Wouldn't that be out of site to see 50 or more Skys traveling around the 500 track? I've done it in my Model A Ford with about 700 other Model As and that was neat.
Any thoughts?

Heck yah,,,, COUNT ME IN ALSO..... what i wouldnt do to see my favorite driver... WHILE DRIVING AROUND THE TRACK.... OH YEAH.. BABY .. With My Hubby by My Side.... all the way........ SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I kinda like this one -- I'd certainly like to hear more!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
:thumbs:
07 Chili Pepper said:
Any thoughts?
Every year at the NOPI Nationals, I take laps around the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Can't wait to do it in the SKY!!! :cheers: :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Heck yah,,,, COUNT ME IN ALSO..... what i wouldnt do to see my favorite driver... WHILE DRIVING AROUND THE TRACK.... OH YEAH.. BABY .. With My Hubby by My Side.... all the way........ SkyBaby-07

wish i had connections..... CAN SOMEONE HOOK US UP?... what an awesome time we ALL would have making GREAT SKY MEMORIES..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey SkyBaby, we ought to have an annual drive in somewhere in the mid US on the anniversary of date of the first SKY to roll off the assembly line. I don't know how we would find out the exact date, any ideas? I would come if my health will let me.

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:
Hey SkyBaby, we ought to have an annual drive in somewhere in the mid US on the anniversary of date of the first SKY to roll off the assembly line. I don't know how we would find out the exact date, any ideas? I would come if my health will let me.

ERNEST:thumbs:

Bummer, not sure when we will know when the first one rolls out.. but, i am up for a..... ABOUT TIME ANNIVERSARY drive.... My Husband and I are eagerly waiting to get my car.... i am the impatient one... SkyBaby-07

1 - 12 of 12 Posts