Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it all started about 4 months ago. My wife and I bought a new house in a new neighborhood about 2 years ago. I just turned 30 and she is almost 27. We both work our butts off at work and we are both full/part time college students pursuing our Grad degrees. So with that being said, we have good jobs and like to have toys. (who doesn't?) Well, my wife went out to get the mail and the lady across the street (who is about 40) came out at the same time. We've always had a great relationship with her, her husband, and 2 kids. They were talking and my wife's age came out. She said, "You have all of this (motioning towards the house and new cars) and you're only 26." My wife was humbled by this and didn't know what to say. The husband in the house is the only worker and she sits home all day and does nothing but read the paper on her front steps and so on. Anyhow, since that day, she will not look at us or speak to us but her husband still does. FAST FORWARD...

The SKY arrived 3 weeks ago. Since then, they won't speak to us, wave at us, or even smile. They turn their heads when we are outside on purpose. My other neighbor had the same problem when he bought his H2 Hummer. One neighbor told me that they made a comment about us being "young playboys (girl for my wife)" with "nothing better to waste our money on than $40,000 yellow convertible sports cars." HA!

Anyhow... thought I'd share this story with you. See the SKY causes problems. So in order to save my friendships, I know what must be done.......






I'm buying another one! HA HA HA :jester:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,446 Posts
First, congrats on being successful and working hard to acheive what you want.

Second, jealousy is an ugly thing. LOL Just gives you and the H2 neighbor something to talk about. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Robotech said:
First, congrats on being successful and working hard to acheive what you want.

Second, jealousy is an ugly thing. LOL Just gives you and the H2 neighbor something to talk about. LOL
My neighbor thought my car was a 50,000 dollar porsche, but when my wife told them no it is a $26,000 Saturn their attitude changed.... of course my other two cars are a almost 4 year old Monte Carlo with almost 60,000 miles on it, and a 15 year old rusty Blazer with 180,000miles on it
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Jester and Mrs Jester, i know where you are coming from..... we just got married at the end of october...... moved myself and 5 kids in..... got each of the kids a car.. (not new of course).. bought a boat.. tanning bed.. new furniture ... a new Vue and a new Sky....I tell ya.... the men in the neighborhood just look and the women give me dirty looks... UGH... whatever....... i think it is just JEALOUSY AND LAZINESS on the neighbors part!!!!!.. and lack of ambition.. things are just OK the way they are... dont want to strive for more..... But..... they will either get over it.. OR NOT....SkyBaby-07
.. KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK...... IT WILL PAY OFF FOR YOUR FAMILY...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
MrJester said:
Well, it all started about 4 months ago. My wife and I bought a new house in a new neighborhood about 2 years ago. I just turned 30 and she is almost 27. We both work our butts off at work and we are both full/part time college students pursuing our Grad degrees. So with that being said, we have good jobs and like to have toys. (who doesn't?) Well, my wife went out to get the mail and the lady across the street (who is about 40) came out at the same time. We've always had a great relationship with her, her husband, and 2 kids. They were talking and my wife's age came out. She said, "You have all of this (motioning towards the house and new cars) and you're only 26." My wife was humbled by this and didn't know what to say. The husband in the house is the only worker and she sits home all day and does nothing but read the paper on her front steps and so on. Anyhow, since that day, she will not look at us or speak to us but her husband still does. FAST FORWARD...

The SKY arrived 3 weeks ago. Since then, they won't speak to us, wave at us, or even smile. They turn their heads when we are outside on purpose. My other neighbor had the same problem when he bought his H2 Hummer. One neighbor told me that they made a comment about us being "young playboys (girl for my wife)" with "nothing better to waste our money on than $40,000 yellow convertible sports cars." HA!

Anyhow... thought I'd share this story with you. See the SKY causes problems. So in order to save my friendships, I know what must be done.......

I'm buying another one! HA HA HA :jester:
Buy Two more!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Kill them with kindness. Take them for a ride in the Sky and when they ask if they can drive it, just say no and smile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Envy is nasty indeed.

Anyway, you should be proud of your success that was achieved through all the hard work. As for your neighbors, not sure I'd care much about people that are so damn petty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
I moved into a new development like that except everybody was the same age in their mid twentys. Everybody thought I was a jerk because I drove this black turbo Camaro and they all drove sensible cars like Civics and RAV4s.

I'm now moving to really nice town (Farmington UT aka May Berry) and my next door neighbor has an 8 car garage full of old GTOs, I can't wait. There's nothing worse then living in Suburbia and competing with the neighbors. My new street is a mix of old and new homes with homes as much as $1,000,000 and some homes as cheap as $250,000 and eveyrbody gets along and doesn't seem to judge each other too much. It's going to be so refreshing.

I am looking forward to telling people that I only paid $30,000 for the Sky after they assumed that it was a $40,000 car. I didn't buy the car for the wow factor but instead how much of a value it really is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Your neighbors don't sound like people worthy of your friendship. I say get a dog and let it poop in their yard so they can learn the lesson, to give crap is to receive crap!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
Your neighbors don't sound like people worthy of your friendship. I say get a dog and let it poop in their yard so they can learn the lesson, to give crap is to receive crap!
I personally like the "popping wheelies in their front yard at 3AM horn blarring with middle fingers out the top of the Sky" approach. It really sends the message home if you will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
I have a [email protected] neighbor, too. Whenever he starts 'acting up'...I just get up nice and early on a Sunday morning...roll my Harley out of the garage and into the driveway, start that baby up and crack the throttle about a dozen or so times. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Neighbors

Can't wait to piss my neighbors off. But alas I still sit and look out the window everyday wondering what my new friends are doing with their new SKY's.
SIGH i keep telling myself SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY I too will be COOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I personally like the "popping wheelies in their front yard at 3AM horn blarring with middle fingers out the top of the Sky" approach. It really sends the message home if you will.
I like the way you think. Grab a few 12 packs of toilet paper to roll 'em, and that's what I'd call a perfect date!! :jester:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
My neighbors Dont care. They see an old man that is enjoying his second childhood. I have 5 vehicles in my yard , they all run, and only me to drive them. I drive the Sky 99% of the time because I like to profile. Hell yes I do what I want when I want and my youngins say go for it old man. Yes I like living the life of Skip...Duh huh... Skip.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
I like the way you think. Grab a few 12 packs of toilet paper to roll 'em, and that's what I'd call a perfect date!! :jester:
Shoo instead of rolling their yard I like the idea of saving all the dog crap and just slinging it in their yard when they tant looking....Skip....save up......:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Skip said:
My neighbors Dont care. They see an old man that is enjoying his second childhood. I have 5 vehicles in my yard , they all run, and only me to drive them. I drive the Sky 99% of the time because I like to profile. Hell yes I do what I want when I want and my youngins say go for it old man. Yes I like living the life of Skip...Duh huh... Skip.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Skip, when my kids are out of the house, I aspire to be you. :)
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Only one youngin left and she lives with her momma and gives her hell every day. Payback is Shell for what she did to me....Skip..that will teach her not to bring her boyfriends home when she was married to me......:lol: :lol: :cool: The ex still tant seen the Sky yet but my daughter says WOW mom it is sooooo cool.. Dad is coollll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
MrJester said:
Well, it all started about 4 months ago. My wife and I bought a new house in a new neighborhood about 2 years ago. I just turned 30 and she is almost 27. We both work our butts off at work and we are both full/part time college students pursuing our Grad degrees. So with that being said, we have good jobs and like to have toys. (who doesn't?) Well, my wife went out to get the mail and the lady across the street (who is about 40) came out at the same time. We've always had a great relationship with her, her husband, and 2 kids. They were talking and my wife's age came out. She said, "You have all of this (motioning towards the house and new cars) and you're only 26." My wife was humbled by this and didn't know what to say. The husband in the house is the only worker and she sits home all day and does nothing but read the paper on her front steps and so on. Anyhow, since that day, she will not look at us or speak to us but her husband still does. FAST FORWARD...

The SKY arrived 3 weeks ago. Since then, they won't speak to us, wave at us, or even smile. They turn their heads when we are outside on purpose. My other neighbor had the same problem when he bought his H2 Hummer. One neighbor told me that they made a comment about us being "young playboys (girl for my wife)" with "nothing better to waste our money on than $40,000 yellow convertible sports cars." HA!

Anyhow... thought I'd share this story with you. See the SKY causes problems. So in order to save my friendships, I know what must be done.......






I'm buying another one! HA HA HA :jester:
Pretty pathetic neighbors I'd say. I have a co-worker here too who insists on turning his back to me the minute he sees me drive in or out. Makes it very obvious he refuses to look at my car. I just laugh and think, man it must look that good. Envy, a very un-cool :cool: thing. You earned it, so go ahead and flaunt it.

T. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Shitty Neibors

YO YO YO I spoke too soon. Just got off the phone with my salesman Vin#3919 is on its way.

I will be Flying High in my SKY B 4 long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Skip said:
Only one youngin left and she lives with her momma and gives her hell every day. Payback is Shell for what she did to me....Skip..that will teach her not to bring her boyfriends home when she was married to me......:lol: :lol: :cool: The ex still tant seen the Sky yet but my daughter says WOW mom it is sooooo cool.. Dad is coollll.
What goes around, comes around Skip, which is why YOU have the Sky!! Enjoy it! :cheers:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top