Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Just purchased this 09 Saturn Sky Redline. 90k on the clock, with the 5 speed. The older couple even threw in a Lemans style Smoothline hardtop.
This is my second Redline, I previously owned a 04 Saturn Ion Redline. Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself and say hey 馃枑

Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Still a little unsure about the hard top, but we'll see, lol

Registered
I believe u got lucky and u don't realize it....nor the other forum members....rather can congratulating on the car, more attention should be placed on the smoothline top. (very rare). That top went for about 1500 dollars out of a manufacturer from Pa. It takes 2 people to lift it and attach....u can also make a hoist in your garage where u can do it yourself....Personally, I would sell it. It is much trouble in the long run but many owners would love to own one.

Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi there, ya I been doing some research prior to owning one. Also knowing Robotech personally, just a wealth of information. But I agree with you, I don't think I'm going to be hanging on to it. I already removed the wire extensions for the rear defogger. Though the previous owner did not supply the mounting "points" for the rear, I think that's going to be my next project is piecing together the missing hardware (unless your supposed to re-use the stock equipment) and getting rid of the hard top.

Registered
Hi there, ya I been doing some research prior to owning one. Also knowing Robotech personally, just a wealth of information. But I agree with you, I don't think I'm going to be hanging on to it. I already removed the wire extensions for the rear defogger. Though the previous owner did not supply the mounting "points" for the rear, I think that's going to be my next project is piecing together the missing hardware (unless your supposed to re-use the stock equipment) and getting rid of the hard top.
OH NO! You do not get rid of the convertible top....it lays in the trunk. The person who can best help you if u can get in touch with is Paul Codi (XMICRO RL), He sold his car but also purchased the smoothline top. Try to start a conversation with him....I know he is trying to sell a few leftover items from his car...Best of Luck. By the way, Paul lives in Vegas.

Your top has a rear defogger. That was at an additional cost. Keep all the software that came with the top. It is a plus. The other members here are new and know nothing....robo should be able to assist you. His memory is still in tact. LOL

I believe smoothline is still in business...(not sure). Try to reach out.

Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful car! I'm a new owner too. Loving the hell out of my RL. Did a 180 mile cruise today in perfect 77 degree weather. Top down. Amazing.
I appreciate it! That sounds awesome, just gotta wait till temps get below 110+ out this way and I'll be joining you, lol

Registered
Hi everyone, Just purchased this 09 Saturn Sky Redline. 90k on the clock, with the 5 speed. The older couple even threw in a Lemans style Smoothline hardtop.
This is my second Redline, I previously owned a 04 Saturn Ion Redline. Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself and say hey 馃枑

View attachment 116952 View attachment 116953
HI and welcome to the forum! Nice car and top! I'm new here also.

Super Moderator
OMG, DIS GUY!!!

Shawn is a master of understatement. 04Redline and I go WAY back.

This is me backing my Grand Prix off the trailer at the drag strip and 04Redline walking by after helping to guiding me. He and I were roommates and spent many hours in the garage wrenching on this or his 2004 Ion Red Line. He was around when I got my first Sky in 2006 too. He is pretty knowledgeable on Ecotec tuning (knows a hell of a lot more ln that than I do) and had that LSJ rippin'!

Welcome old friend. And don't let @marlboromike talk you into a set of white walls.

Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG, DIS GUY!!!

Welcome old friend.
Heya bud! I dunno about master of understatement. Maybe just low energy excitement? lol
I'll pass on the white walls, not everyone can be as cool as Mike. I for one cannot pull off that move.
Thanks for the welcome!

Super Moderator
Heya bud! I dunno about master of understatement. Maybe just low energy excitement? lol
I'll pass on the white walls, not everyone can be as cool as Mike. I for one cannot pull off that move.
Thanks for the welcome!
You are pretty low energy. Master of Meh...unless Johnny is rewiring injector harnesses. LOL

Registered
OMG, DIS GUY!!!

Shawn is a master of understatement. 04Redline and I go WAY back.

View attachment 116970
This is me backing my Grand Prix off the trailer at the drag strip and 04Redline walking by after helping to guiding me. He and I were roommates and spent many hours in the garage wrenching on this or his 2004 Ion Red Line. He was around when I got my first Sky in 2006 too. He is pretty knowledgeable on Ecotec tuning (knows a hell of a lot more ln that than I do) and had that LSJ rippin'!

Welcome old friend. And don't let @marlboromike talk you into a set of white walls.
Just as a small point of information....I always hated the gauges in the left of center in the ION...but I know u do not remember this...On the back of the ION R/L was a 2.4 lettering which I adopted on my rear of my car...

Super Moderator
Just as a small point of information....I always hated the gauges in the left of center in the ION...but I know u do not remember this...On the back of the ION R/L was a 2.4 lettering which I adopted on my rear of my car...
I think that was an earlier Ion Red Line Mike as the 2004 he had was an LSJ, 2.0 liter intercooled supercharged engine. I think a first Gen with no VVT.

Registered
I think that was an earlier Ion Red Line Mike as the 2004 he had was an LSJ, 2.0 liter intercooled supercharged engine. I think a first Gen with no VVT.
To be honest with you....I believe the 2.4 was considered a R/L. And it had the 2.4 numbers on the rear bumper cover....ask your friend. I cannot swear to all of this but that ION R/L had the 2.4....I believe it came from a 2006 just like our cars. That's how I got the idea of installing it on my Sky

1 - 20 of 27 Posts