Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky Redline
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
To be honest with you....I believe the 2.4 was considered a R/L. And it had the 2.4 numbers on the rear bumper cover....ask your friend. I cannot swear to all of this but that ION R/L had the 2.4....I believe it came from a 2006 just like our cars. That's how I got the idea of installing it on my Sky
The 2.4 Ion was released as a level 3 Ion (starting in 06 I believe). Same body styling as the Redline, minus the front and rear bumper and spoiler, though technically never considered a Redline model. The Official Redlines only came with 2.0 supercharged lsjs.

·
Super Moderator
11,617 Posts
The 2.4 Ion was released as a level 3 Ion (starting in 06 I believe). Same body styling as the Redline, minus the front and rear bumper and spoiler, though technically never considered a Redline model. The Official Redlines only came with 2.0 supercharged lsjs.
Was the Cobalt SS originally a 2.4? I could have sworn one of these two had the 2.4 as a "performance" trim level.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Was the Cobalt SS originally a 2.4? I could have sworn one of these two had the 2.4 as a "performance" trim level.
Not originally. The first engine was a supercharged 2.0 LSJ in 2004, and the NA 2.4 LE5 was released in 2005. The third Cobalt engine was, of course the turbocharged LNF 2.0.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts