Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all we would like to thank all the faithful SKY owners that have purchased the Illuminated Laser Etched WindRestrictor® brand wind blocker! We are very thankful for all of the satisfied customers we have made so far with the first version. We are so proud that we are able to design, create, and manufacture a product that adds such an amazing touch to THE hottest roadster on the market!!

Why did we create a new design when every one loves the first one so much??

This is a good question. Marlboro Mike (the SKY owner that informed me about the New SKY Roadster and that it needed an Illuminated WR) told me not to because the first design is great the way it is! The reason we created a new design is because we have gotten a few request to design a WR that mounts differently so that it doesn't effect the rear deck lid seal, and so that it wont come in contact with the rear window. Well, the first version has worked out great for a large amount of SKY owners and DO NOT see it causing ANY problems what so ever. The new design will not replace the first one, it will just give SKY owners more of a variety. The new version is taller so it should deflect more wind. The new design mounts behind the headrest of the seats to the real panel and attaches with the strongest clear adhesive tape on the market. You will not see the tape once the WR is in place. As far as the illumination goes, the super thin bright LED strip will mount to the center console in-between the crack of the console and the rear panel. There is a thin strip of acrylic the same color silver as the rear panel that will cover the light strip so that you will not be able to see the LED light bulbs or the strip it self. This new version has been tested and works great! We will have more images in a couple of weeks. Be one of the first to own such an amazing new upgrade for your SKY! :thumbs:

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one am I getting? And is the new one easily removed and reinstalled, or is it a permanent addition?
Let me know what design you prefer. If you want this new one it will take 2-3 weeks or more to prepare. This can be removed but should not need to be. Both of the WR's are made to be left in place.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Let us know

Does it cut down on the wind
A--less
B--the same
C--more
Waiting to hear.
Then I will know which type to get. But I am still trying to decide on what to etch, and what lights to get.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My old one does not affect the trunk seal, but not touching the window would be great because I could tint it then.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Everyone keeps asking about the wind....it has been answered so many times...this is my last time....first...turbulance starts when u r going about 55 miles an hour....all windows must be up....now u have a cockpit that u can either put your heater or air conditioner on with the ability to either keep warm or cold...ARE U Listening?

Most of us have bought this WR because of the additional dimension it adds to the car...it is almost like artwork....Robert makes art....Love his work!

And now he has created a better mousetrap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just a note......over on the Sol forum someone bought a custom etched red dragon. It was beautiful. The problem is that the police pulled him over in Alabama and said that blue and red lights are not allowed as "add-on's". Several other members chimed in and said it was illegal in their states as well.

I don't want to pick on the vendor, but did want to warn everyone.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ordered

Hi Robert,
I am having lunch with Malboro Mike on monday and will talk to him about the new windresistor. The orginal design is fine with me. Have you started on the crests for mine? Keep up the wonderful art work.
Bill:) :cheers:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Are you ever going to attempt a modified windscreen that has the posts for insertion into those two holes? I like the looks but adding more holes isn't going to happen, at least not to my Sky.
I'd sure like to see a photo shop version of what you have done, which is exceptional, but with the two mounting posts attached. Thanks to my "mandatory" add on I'll not be considering the nice ones you've done.:nonod:
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chrome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Just a note......over on the Sol forum someone bought a custom etched red dragon. It was beautiful. The problem is that the police pulled him over in Alabama and said that blue and red lights are not allowed as "add-on's". Several other members chimed in and said it was illegal in their states as well.

I don't want to pick on the vendor, but did want to warn everyone.
Just use Red LED's and u have another brake light...not illegal

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does it cut down on the wind
A--less
B--the same
C--more
Waiting to hear.
Then I will know which type to get. But I am still trying to decide on what to etch, and what lights to get.
Due to the size of it I would think that it deflects more wind. I will be testing it some more this weekend and let everyone know. Also I would like to see what everyone thinks about the height of it? It will deflect a bit more wind being taller but may look sleeker if it was shorter...

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just use Red LED's and u have another brake light...not illegal
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23301
This is the post made for the legal issue... I think it is much more likely that you would get a ticket for having no front plate then you would for having even a blue illuminated WR. The Red Illuminated WR you should not encounter any problems what so ever. If any one actually gets a ticket for having an illuminated WR installed then I will exchange the color strip for a red one. If you get pulled over it is because you are driving such a hot car and they want to see it up close, not so they can give you a ticket.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now I'm interested!

I was hoping these would evolve in this direction!

3 questions:

Any issues with the seats slid all the way back /tilted back, damage to leather, rubbing etc?

When will it be on your site for purchase (price?)?

What's the lead time looking like?

Thanks
JV

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
I think all of you had better think about this...."You cannot satisfy all the people all of the time"...and

"Let the buyer beware"

Now, make up your mind...:lol:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Due to the size of it I would think that it deflects more wind. I will be testing it some more this weekend and let everyone know. Also I would like to see what everyone thinks about the height of it? It will deflect a bit more wind being taller but may look sleeker if it was shorter...
Also, because it is placed closer to the cockpit (actually, inside the cockpit), there is less opportunity for wind to wrap around behind the headrest and back in through the middle. I put my hand behind my headrest and there was a lot of wind back there.

One other thing. Will you be able to illuminate this? If you added an LED bar to the bottom of this, it might not look very good (since this one is not burried inside the trunk). If you can't illuminate this one, that might help people make up their mind.

I am excited to get ahold of one of these. Your products are great, and customer service is even better.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
As to the question of enforcement of state laws. Generally the idea is to reduce confusion to the motoring public (some of which are not too smart) what is a police, fire, ambulance, undercover car turning on lights consealed under grills or where ever, fire police or official volunteer's private vehicles as they rush into action.

The major thing is our WR lighting canNOT revolve, rotate, flash, oscillate or constant move in some fashion. Here is a sectiion of NYS DMV law:

[/S8. The provisions of this subdivision shall not be applicable to the driver of a vehicle from another state or foreign jurisdiction which vehicle has colored lights affixed but not revolving, rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly moving if the lights on such vehicle comply with the laws of the state or home foreign jurisdiction in which the vehicle is registered.

The other thing is brightness rearward, blinding the following driver. Robert's WR certainly is no flashlight shining in the eyes of the guy behing you.
So riding around with a blue-red-green-amber light always on could be confusing to some I guess. That is why I plan to connect my up with my brake light. Those of you that go to car shows, flip that switch and it illuminates constantly.
:thumbs:

IZE]

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I was hoping these would evolve in this direction!

3 questions:

Any issues with the seats slid all the way back /tilted back, damage to leather, rubbing etc?

When will it be on your site for purchase (price?)?

What's the lead time looking like?

Thanks
JV

I have these same concerns:
I held off buying a windstrictor because I donot want to disturb the inners of the trunk area cavity! So this is a windstrictor I would definitely be interested in! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts