Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an idea for "The Next One." Tell me what you like, and what you don't like. I'm thinking August-ish...

Start at Saturn of HB on a Saturday Morning...

Take PCH to San Juan Capistrano (where we all parked in a row and the Kappa Guys went to get gas)...

Then north about ten miles to Fuddrucker's for Lunch... Hang out there for a couple hours, and others could join us there - particularly if they are coming from the east or south...

Then, after lunch, had a few miles south on Antonio Parkway to Ortega Highway, then head east through all the twisties - canyon driving! - and exit Lake Elsinore...

Love it?

Hate it?

Ideas?
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Nice

jdigiant said:
Here is an idea for "The Next One." Tell me what you like, and what you don't like. I'm thinking August-ish...

Start at Saturn of HB on a Saturday Morning...

Take PCH to San Juan Capistrano (where we all parked in a row and the Kappa Guys went to get gas)...

Then north about ten miles to Fuddrucker's for Lunch... Hang out there for a couple hours, and others could join us there - particularly if they are coming from the east or south...

Then, after lunch, had a few miles south on Antonio Parkway to Ortega Highway, then head east through all the twisties - canyon driving! - and exit Lake Elsinore...

Love it?

Hate it?

Ideas?
:thumbs: Sounds like a nice idea to me :cool:
Just depends on the actuall date, Saturdays are hard on me with my work schedule
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
If you want some good cannyon driving, we know of a bunch of great roads. We can all meet at Kappapshere. Maybe have a raffle or something and give out some prizes. Just an idea.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpecRaceM5 said:
If you want some good cannyon driving, we know of a bunch of great roads. We can all meet at Kappapshere. Maybe have a raffle or something and give out some prizes. Just an idea.
I was kinda thinking about that, but didn't want to commit you guys. If we're at Elsinore, Temecula is just a short hop from there. I'd love a tour of your place. Heading out from there for more Twisties would be great! I am adding that to the super-squishy-tentative-agenda as we speak.

Thanks, guys!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Me Three

jdigiant said:
I was kinda thinking about that, but didn't want to commit you guys. If we're at Elsinore, Temecula is just a short hop from there. I'd love a tour of your place. Heading out from there for more Twisties would be great! I am adding that to the super-squishy-tentative-agenda as we speak.

Thanks, guys!
Count me in Three :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
That sounds good.

I was thinking about getting together a trip starting somewhere in the LA area.

One idea is to meet somewhere in Hollywood or Studio City.
Take Mullholland Drive to Topanga Canyon Rd.
Topanga to PCH. Go north on PCH to Oxnard or Ventura.
Eat somewhere up there.
Then Drive back on the 101.

You get Mountain Scenery, a nice overlook of the Valley. Lots of twisties on Mullholland and topanga. Finish it off with a drive north on PCH

If enough people are interested in this I can see about setting it up for Late September as not interfere with John's next trip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Seagull said:
Count me in Three :thumbs:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I am definitely UP for this one way or another. If I am not copiloting someone I am thinking about bringing my ION and keep jumping ahead to do alot of Drive by shots!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
richmcc said:
I was thinking about getting together a trip starting somewhere in the LA area.

One idea is to meet somewhere in Hollywood or Studio City.
Take Mullholland Drive to Topanga Canyon Rd.
Topanga to PCH. Go north on PCH to Oxnard or Ventura.
Eat somewhere up there.
Then Drive back on the 101.

You get Mountain Scenery, a nice overlook of the Valley. Lots of twisties on Mullholland and topanga. Finish it off with a drive north on PCH
That sounds great. I'm not that familiar with LA-North, so you taking the lead on that would be superb. And, my date was just a "somewhere in there" kind of thing. Perhaps it would be better to do your idea in August so we cover some new ground, then return to the OC in September/October or so for Ortega Highway...
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Good

jdigiant said:
That sounds great. I'm not that familiar with LA-North, so you taking the lead on that would be superb. And, my date was just a "somewhere in there" kind of thing. Perhaps it would be better to do your idea in August so we cover some new ground, then return to the OC in September/October or so for Ortega Highway...
Both "loosey goosey" plans sound good to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
jdigiant said:
Here is an idea for "The Next One." Tell me what you like, and what you don't like. I'm thinking August-ish...

.... Ideas?
Gee, never been to California!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
skywulf said:
Gee, never been to California!
Take Interstate 20 West, then merge with Interstate 10 West the other side of Abilene. Call me when you get to Indio, and I will meet you and provide a escort for the final leg! :driving:

When you get here, two tickets to Disneyland on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
if I can get off work i will come from the bay area down to cruise with you all.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top