Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is THE SINGLE THREAD for all the latest info on the Beach Drive scheduled for Sunday, June 25th. If you wish to attend, you are more than welcome. Please PM me if possible so I know that you're coming and can plan accordingly. :thumbs:

We will depart Saturn of Huntington Beach at approximately 1PM. Looks like the trip will be just about 90 miles and should take about three and a half hours of actual wheels turning. I figure we'll probably add at least another hour and a half to that for stops along the way - giving us five hours elapsed, arriving at Buca di Beppo at approximately 6PM at the earliest. :driving:

A map with the "scheduled stops" is attached. We may skip some of these if they look too crowded, and we'll probably make spontaneous stops if we see a good parking lot or open space along the way. With this many SKYs in a row in a parking lot, do you think we might draw stares? :eek:

If you're looking forward to this trip half as much as I am, then... well... then I am looking forward to it twice as much as you! :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,571 Posts
I am so stoked about this. I'll be up early on Sunday morning washing and waxing the ol' girl. It's going to be a long day but a fun one.

Remember folks to bring sunscreen and water. Don't want your day cut short by heat stroke. Also be prepared to talk A LOT about your Sky. Be it among other Sky owners or people stopping to check the cars out we're going to be yaking a lot I have a feeling.

As a reminder, dealer opens at noon (I plan to be there at noon) and we'll be rolling by 1:00. I'll be bringing my camera but no co-pilot so I won't be getting any moving shots. If anyone has a co-pilot and a digi-camera I'd really appreciate a couple shots of our line of Skys moving down PCH...that would rock.

·
Registered
453 Posts
[ If anyone has a co-pilot and a digi-camera I'd really appreciate a couple shots of our line of Skys moving down PCH...that would rock.[/QUOTE]

I will definately have my digital with me, not to worry!!
T

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
tolaiz said:
[ If anyone has a co-pilot and a digi-camera I'd really appreciate a couple shots of our line of Skys moving down PCH...that would rock.
I will definately have my digital with me, not to worry!!
T
[/quote]

I qualify as both! I would love to do that as well.

Just remember after you drive, to come back for me! :willy: :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Twice for me

jdigiant said:
This is THE SINGLE THREAD for all the latest info on the Beach Drive scheduled for Sunday, June 25th. If you're looking forward to this trip half as much as I am, then... well... then I am looking forward to it twice as much as you! :)
I think I am looking for it Just as much as you. :thumbs:

Only 3 more days to go

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - La Jolla Shores Added

After a conversation with our San Diego guide SKY USA (thanks, Greg!) we have added a final beach stop down in La Jolla. There is a large, free parking lot that should be clearing out about the time that we arrive. It also allows us to cut east along the southern edge of Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, and then head north just off the eastern end of the runway. If we're very, very lucky and the timing works out perfect we could end the trip with an F-18 flyover...

Trip is now 98.8 miles with our last stop, but it will be well worth it to have a final beach visit before heading inland.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Sunscreen

jdigiant said:
Trip is now 98.8 miles with our last stop, but it will be well worth it to have a final beach visit before heading inland.
And just an extra reminder for all
Don't Forget your Sunscreen :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
95 Posts
jdigiant said:
After a conversation with our San Diego guide SKY USA (thanks, Greg!) we have added a final beach stop down in La Jolla. There is a large, free parking lot that should be clearing out about the time that we arrive. It also allows us to cut east along the southern edge of Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, and then head north just off the eastern end of the runway. If we're very, very lucky and the timing works out perfect we could end the trip with an F-18 flyover...

Glad that I could contribute a bit to the final leg of the adventure ! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the group at TGIF's in Carlsbad, and being John's copilot on the continuing ride south through San Diego County. See you all on Sunday ! :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Me Three

tolaiz said:
[ If anyone has a co-pilot and a digi-camera I'd really appreciate a couple shots of our line of Skys moving down PCH...that would rock.

I will definitly have my camera with me. And I will make sure I have enough batteries and data cards.
Not only liking the "Beach Pictures" but also the possibilities of the "Fly-over" :thumbs: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Fri. Sat. Sun

Only Three More Days To Go :cool: :cool:
See you all There!!

·
Super Moderator
11,571 Posts
I'm hoping to have one or two surprises in store for you folks down there too. I don't want to talk too much about it but I'm trying to get a couple mods done before Sunday. We'll see if the stars align, the moon is in the right phase, and my Karma is flowing with my Chi.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Neil and I will be brining the Sky and goodies! Get a chance to see it on the new suspension with the new M1 wheels. We will also be talking about some new products we have coming in the near future. I personaly haven't met many Kappa drivers as I'm still pretty new, so I look forward to seeing you all there. Have you thought about inviting the Solstice forum jdigiant?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Two

Seagull said:
Only Three More Days To Go :cool: :cool:
See you all There!!
Anxiously awaiting with
2 more days to go :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SpecRaceM5 said:
Neil and I will be brining the Sky and goodies! Get a chance to see it on the new suspension with the new M1 wheels. We will also be talking about some new products we have coming in the near future. I personaly haven't met many Kappa drivers as I'm still pretty new, so I look forward to seeing you all there. Have you thought about inviting the Solstice forum jdigiant?
Great to have KappaSphere join us! That brings us back to nine cars officially scheduled...

I had thought about inviting the Solstice crowd, but I decided not to for two reasons:
  1. This is the first time that us SKY folks have gotten together. We all know each other only from the forum, so it's more of a "forum get-together" so we all can start to associate faces and names with handles that we see all over the place. A bunch of Solstice folks from another forum that we don't know will only impede that objective.
  2. I am already concerned about navigating nine cars and trying to keep us all together. We know there are more Solstices than SKYs, and so if that became 30 cars then we're going to lose the ability to go where we want to go and find available parking and such.
I have nothing against the Solstice crowd, and I look forward to spending some time with them at a Kappa event, but that will require more space and additional planning that I just wasn't prepared to do at this point. Believe me, my hands are full dealing with now nine SKYs!

·
Super Moderator
11,571 Posts
jdigiant said:
Believe me, my hands are full dealing with now nine SKYs!
That you know of. I have a feeling we're going to pick up at least three cars from the letter the dealer's sent out.

Also, let me second that hearty "great to have you come with us" to the Kappasphere guys. I can't wait to see that car of yours! (I hope you don't mind but I may have to try and get in and out of it with those springs on. These suckers sit so low as it is.)

And Seagull...I worry for you man. You're going to be a basket case tomorrow waiting for Sunday. LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Robotech said:
And Seagull...I worry for you man. You're going to be a basket case tomorrow waiting for Sunday. LOL
I know! I half expect to see him stowing his tent and sleeping bag when I show up...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts