Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's great to hear that more Skys are being delivered to anxious owners. Owning a Roadster is different than a typical car. It is more like driving a motorcycle. With the top down, you experience your surroundings and are much more aware of everything around you. You notice the sounds, smells, change in air temperature, and the open sky above you. We find the most enjoyment comes from driving the back roads and observing things.

This evening we took a short trip to the Deer Isle area on the Maine coast. It is off the beaten path, and most tourists don't know it exists. It's a very scenic area with authentic villages. Not a Walmart around for miles. As we were driving along we heard a fog horn off in the distance. We spotted a lighthouse on a remote island, that we had never seen before. We both wondered how we could have missed this on past trips? In a "car", we would never have heard the fog horn. At that point in time it seemed like we were in a SKY commercial. The sun had set, some stars were coming out, and the wind was calm. We pulled in to Stonington, and played with some low light photograhs of the fishing harbor. Then we found a small restaurant, had a fine seafood dinner, raised the top and drove home. Another pleasurable experience in our SKY. I'd love to hear about other members "pleasurable Sky experiences".

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
You got my vote for the most gorgeous sky pics submitted yet. Blue happens to be my favorite color, so the night shots were particularly sumptous...........very nice job!..............:cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
7 mile Bridge

Took her down to the Keys. It was undescribable - the glee of driving accross open ocean - wind in your hair, clean fresh air, sun and a view that just won't quit. Beautiful...:D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Beeeuuooottiiiffuuulllll!

Translation - wow! :thumbs:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sunney,
My wife and I were there in March, on our Harley. We too have thought that would be a great area to be able to drive the SKY. It is beautiful...warm sun...and a great ocean view from the bridge that goes on forever! Island hopping the keys. Ah, brings back memories!
We will probably never get our SKY down to Florida, can't pack enough clothes for the 2000+ mile trip! Would like to!
Enjoy!

P.S. I don't expect we'll be able to rent a SKY from Hertz! The Chrysler Sebrings won't cut it.:)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sky Hi said:
It's great ....., . I'd love to hear about other members "pleasurable Sky experiences".
Now that gives me the urge to throw a few changes of skivies into the rear (among other things, I might add) and head to the North/East..Not to forget a camera though..What super shots, hard to imagine how calm that water is and no people. They all must be inside eating lobster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great Pics
We are about as far from you as you can get, Pacific coast, state of Washington. We hope to have our Sky early next week. We live on the coast too, Ocean Shores, WA. I hope to be able to take a couple of pictures that look as good as yours. Congrats on your Sky and continue to enjoy it and the beauty of Mother Nature.

Silver Pearl
LSD

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
love the pictures

love all the pictures but I think the 3rd one is my fav!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Kimberly
ChiliSKy

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love the Wheel and silver combo, I knew I made the right choice not going with chrome. (personal opnion of couse) Great pics.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Outstanding pics! :thumbs: I too, loved seeing the painted alloys with the Silver....for a change. We ordered the same thing...can't wait!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice pics:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sky Hi said:
you experience your surroundings and are much more aware of everything around you.
This is one of the reasons I ordered my Sky. A car like this is a statement. I'm changing my lifestyle. I'm going to have some fun. It isn't practical. You can't put lots of screaming kids and groceries in to it.

You take someone very important and say "Come on. Lets go." When they enquire where you tell them you're taking them away for the weekend to a little B & B. Or we're going for an afternoon ride in the country to see the fall leaves.

Anyway...Thanks for the pic's...Enjoy whatever the car brings you!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
We've got it covered

Thanks for the compliments and glad you are enjoying the Pics.
It's really cool to see that we have this continent covered. Look at the locations of the replies - Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Missouri, California, Washington, Alaska, Carolina, Illinois, Canada... There's a lot for us all to explore!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
18,508 Posts
absolutely breathetaking...now where is my silver pearl...I know where my car is heading...some neat pics at the south shore in jersey....keep on taking those pics...they are awesome

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those are beautiful pictures. I was thinking, after allowing ample time for people to get their cars, Saturn should run a contest for pictures of our Skys to use in their future advertisements. Maybe offer the winner (and honorable mentions) of the contest some accessories of their choice. So far, you would definately win 1st place. Thanks for the Vue...I mean view. :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
wow

Those are gorgeous pics! gives me a weekend trip idea in MY Sky! besides, I've only been to Maine once since I moved to New England - thanks so much for sharing!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts