Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,, just landed awhile ago from my first cruise. In a word AWESOME:willy:

Well it al started at 11:30 am when the cell phone rang, Hello Gipper(my nickname at the dealer) This is Pam, your carjust rolled off the trailer. Well, after a minute of sheer excitement, gathered up the wife & Son and tore ass down to the dealer, Man Mario Andretti had nothin' on this here country boy. I got there it had been on the ground 10 minutes. Odometer read 11 miles. After piuctures, which I will post tomorrrow, we are to tired tonite, I drove it around the parking lot qwith all the plastic still intact, even the seat were covered in plastic. I had to take my father-in-law to a doctors appointment, so left it it the capable hands of service manager. They said it would be ready by 3 pm. Returned at 2:30 to find it just finishing tech prep, headin for detailing. They had instaslled the tonneau cover, CAI, inspected, and test drove it. The suspension that originally promised was assigned to another SKY, so they got one from the Hurst dealer and will install it in the a.m. Finished all paperwork etc and pulled off the lot at 5 pm. Odometer said 14 miles.

There is a noticiable difference withthe CAI, sounds awesome. The chrome intake tube looks great when you open the hood. A real eyecatcher.:thumbs:

The fit and finish is beautiful. Not a hair out of place so to speak. The car is solid as they come, smooth as silk, and I noticed no clunk or unusual sound from the tranny, shifted smoot as silk. The Chrome wheels and Goodyear Eagles are wide, it has a confident stance to it. I opulled in a while ago with 104 miles on her, to tired to drive a car still new to me, didn't want to take any chances.

I fit so comfortable in her, plenty of room for Kathy & I. The top down is incredible, abnd the monsoon XM stero sytem overpowers the wind noise easily, and the fingertips controls on the steering column, complete with mute button, is sheer luxory. Who needs a Kappashield, I don't.

It is tough to keep her under 70 for break in but I am trying my best:D

My overall opinion is excellent in all categories, as far as I am concerned, this is a car well worth the wait.

13 days from ship to home. The carrier brought it over all by it"s lonsome, no other car on it. It arrived on it's own private transport, or it was the last one to to be dropped.

Silverpearl is bright, red leather is worth the wait, so are the chrome wheels, spoiler, toinneau cover, all of this rolled into one small package of sheer fun. Man, my jaws are tired from smiling, something I haven't quit doing since I got the call. Pictures tomorrow for sure, am going to sit here and catch up on the forum. Orderd 1/09/06 Received 03/30/06 VIN#0699 is reporting for duty. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I know you have been posting here for more than a year, and I almost am sorry I am the first to reply (rather than all your old friends). But you can tell, I am so excited that I will probably post 1000 myself, and I couldn't wait to say 'Awwww' . It is good to hear the good reviews. I have never bought myself something like this...this..big..site unseen, makes it a little less worrisome when I see all the fun YOU'Re having! I am happy for you. Thanks for keeping the rest of us who are still waiting, company :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow sugar, my heart is beating 100 mph for ya. Cant wait for the pics. Thanks for the blow by blow play. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy... way to go darling :thumbs: :D :cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Think that makes you the first Texan to get their Sky! Now I am really going to have a hard time waiting!:willy:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I told you you would get it Today! I was out all day in mine and will update in a bit!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
This is SO cool

Earnest this is like watching someone win an award and knowing that you have been nominated as well and one day will get one as well. There is excitement, pride, a tinge of jealosy and just out and out JOY. I hope you get SO much fun from your new, super-cool toy...
And I will be waiting for pictures!:thumbs: :cheers:

:cool: = Earnest

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
skywulf said:
I know you have been posting here for more than a year, and I almost am sorry I am the first to reply (rather than all your old friends).
Look at join date under avatar. It has not been a year. Skip...:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
I'm soooo happy for you Ernest!! The perma-grin takes a loooong time to wear off, I tell ya! I still have it every time I think of my baby! I've been able to drop the top several days this week, bitin' at the bit to get to the parking lot at 5!! Again Congrats-and many sunny drivin' days!:D :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I misread that! Well hell, that means there is hope for us new boots!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Earnest...? regarding tonneau

Congrats Earnest...:cheers: Got a favor to ask of you...could you please post some pics (if and when you can) of the tonneau cover in place? While I understand the purpose of it, I'm having a hard time picturing in my head what it looks like. :confused: This is my first convertible, so perhaps it's just my ignorance shining through...:lol: Thanks!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Hi sweetie... i texted ya back 3 times.... guess you didnt get them.... hope you had a WONDERFUL time in your baby...... i am SO HAPPY FOR YOU.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Earnest this is like watching someone win an award and knowing that you have been nominated as well and one day will get one as well. There is excitement, pride, a tinge of jealosy and just out and out JOY. I hope you get SO much fun from your new, super-cool toy...

:agree:

Couldn't put it any better myself. :) Congrats from this crazy posse of lunatics looking over your shoulder. Its like we're there with you. Keep us up to date and at least stop by from time to time with more pictures.:thumbs: God knows it will be tough to tear yourself away from that wheel.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:

:agree: I am so glad for you! I have a ball and feel free to share/brag to all of us how much fun you are having :driving: :thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yahoo! Congratulations.:thumbs:

If I am extremely lucky, my Sky will be here next week.:)

Hopeing is all I can do now.:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
enjoy-enjoy!! If they have got as far as Texas, maybe they are working their way West. I'm looking forward to my Sky, maybe not as much as you, as you were the most "vocal" on wanting your Sky. From the Pacific Northwest we wish you clear skys and lots of "Sun with the top rolled down and the music up loud".
Peeks dad
#4 and waiting

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow, I am up at 2:30 a.m. reading every word another guy wrote about getting his new car. Let's enjoy this !!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats Ernest! :thumbs: I am really glad you have got your Sky!! I've been following your posts and biting my nails along with you as you wait! I will look forward to your future posts of your Sky experience!

·
Registered
669 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Wow, I am up at 2:30 a.m. reading every word another guy wrote about getting his new car. Let's enjoy this !!
:agree: Are we crazy or what? I can't wait to have that feeling too...knowing everyone is as excited as I am.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.