Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the car horn on the Sky? Thinking of changing mine to the "General Lee" horn from the "Dukes of Hazzard" , j/k!! I'd like a sound that a Porsche or Ferrari makes. Just curious if anyone has done this.:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
You should be able to replace it with pretty much anything you want. I did this on my Maxima, because I was unhappy with the stock ones. It should be pretty much a plug and play thing. You can look into Hella horns, or if you know of another manufacturer or horn you like.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Kool site. It's really hard to find a horn that fits a car. The horn give your car a voice and a personality. I didn't hear any that sounded like a Sky. :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
Kool site. It's really hard to find a horn that fits a car. The horn give your car a voice and a personality. I didn't hear any that sounded like a Sky. :lol:
I don't think I have beeped a car horn in over a decade!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Do you use "sign language" like me?

Actually, I beeped my horn in a rented Sebring pretty good as the lifted pickup in front of me threw it into reverse and parked his rig on my hood... The SKY should have a loud note to be able to scream, "Hey, A**h***! I'm OVER HERE! This space is OCCUPIED!"

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I hit the horn to say "Hey, I am here, it is here!!!!" and I thought it worked fine.

·
Registered
151 Posts
jdigiant said:
Do you use "sign language" like me?

Actually, I beeped my horn in a rented Sebring pretty good as the lifted pickup in front of me threw it into reverse and parked his rig on my hood... The SKY should have a loud note to be able to scream, "Hey, A**h***! I'm OVER HERE! This space is OCCUPIED!"
If you find a horn that can say that, please let me know. I would buy one!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
If you find a horn that can say that, please let me know. I would buy one!!
Hey, it can say "get the hell out of my way too" It is all about hitting the proper number of horn bursts...:lol: :lol: :lol: This is Atlanta, drive car to work, speak "horn"....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree. Horns say a lot, depending on how you play them.

Excuse me, the lights green.:)
Hey buddy, move it.:eek:
Get the #$%& out of the way.:mad:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Haven't been to New York City, have you? :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SKYtime said:
Haven't been to New York City, have you? :D
Chicago is close enough -- beeping the horn does nothing anyway -- so why bother. I drive and anticipate the A-holes better to watch and drive than make noise. But most of my driving is on suburban roads anyway.
What we really need a a death ray hooked to the horn switch...:lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Rick!! I am with you ... Burb life is the place to be.. :lol: ..burb living is the life for me. . .no city driving for me. .:eek: . . just the thought :willy: ohh nooooooo:nono: humm now i wonder what do the horn sound like. . .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Horn sounds like...

The horn in the Sky sounds better than my truck's horn! That one is so wimpy, that is something to be ashamed of. The car that the Sky replaced had a horn which I was relucant to use. It was too soft, low volume, of a sound, like 'excuse me'! :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Horn

I thank God that horn is loud! Going home last night I was following a Suburban. Now the Sky is small but I was following with a 3 car length buffer. An Axiom came out from the right side into my lane almost hitting me. I hit the brakes and sounded the horn. It scared the you-know-what out of the Axiom driver. He swerved off the road in his panic then back on. I just kept as far back as I could. Again, thanks Saturn for putting in that loud horn!

·
Registered
205 Posts
ahahhaa that horns fn loud. I need somethn like that for my car instead stupid wimpy one can't even hear. I don't use horn much mainly cause can't hear it anyway. Lmfao he did it to the cop:lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well...I have an airhorn on my Harley and I have to say that when I give that sucker a blast...people do notice. Perhaps it's because it sounds like a freight train...:lol: That horn has already saved my ass once...so personally, I think horns do work in some situations.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
richm said:
Someone posted about upgrading to this horn (I saved it to my favorites):
http://www.stebel.it/stebel/index2006.htm

Click on PRODUCTS, then on ELECTROPNEUMATICS, and then on NAUTILUS SERIES. Then click on the speaker icon for a demo. This horn is dual-tone and is 139 decibels.
I am the one who initially posted this and have horn in my Sky. It fits very nicely under the fender support on the passenger side. Actually, I used the support to mount the horn to. I jumpered the OEM horn (so both actually work together) to the relay and the hot off the battery. It all fits neatly, and gives the little car a BIG :eek: sound. I will try to get some pictures of it to post.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
not too bad

I had my dad beep his Sky's horn - sounds better than the horn in my Civic - which cannot even hear when the windows are up and the radio is playing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts