Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few people complaining about a sqweeking noise, over the left shoulder coming from the trunk, when driving with the top down. Mine was doing it as well. When the top is completely down, look at the pegs on each side of the top (not the locking hook) and see if it's rubbed through the velcro. If so, you might want to add more velcro. It's metal to metal rubbing together. Hope this might help!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...I had this problem. Went to the fabric store...bought about a foot of "backpack" strap material and sewed on velcro fasteners on each end and secured them around the metal L-brackets...squeak went bye-bye. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will keep the fix in mind, will be awhile before I have my Sky.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mitchell....HOOK' EM HORNS!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Karen said:
Mitchell....HOOK' EM HORNS!
Right back at ya! Sorry, now back to talking about the SKY!:D :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone have a pic of this fix? I wold like to see what I need to do before hand when I get my sky

Thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
I here the squeak ever so often too. Please do take a picture....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'll try and snap a pic when I get home. :thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
you can actually bend the prongs down further too and that will remove the queek and also make the top fit into the trunk much easier!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
mynewsolstice said:
you can actually bend the prongs down further too and that will remove the queek and also make the top fit into the trunk much easier!
But won't doing that make it more difficult to fit the top into the holes when putting it up? Or are you referring to bending the L-brackets down so that the pins sit more firmly in them, rather than on top of them like mine do...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bingo bending down allows the top to just plop in there no pressing down allows you to pop plop and drop and go! (10 seconds with my mod!~!!)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok, gotcha! I misunderstood what you said the first time...thought you meant to bend the 'pins' and not the L-brackets. :thumbs:

·
Registered
151 Posts
mynewsolstice said:
I may have to check this out. I have to push the top down a little too hard for my liking to be able to close the trunk. No squeaking though! As loud as I sing, it would be hard to hear any squeaking anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Took some pics of my 'fix'

Here are some pics of the material that I secured around the metal L-bracket...however I have discovered that this may only be a 'temporary' fix, as the metal pin has almost worn through the material already (and it's only been a week!). Short of replacing the worn material on a regular basis...I'm not exactly sure what kind of permanent fix there may be for this problem. :banghead: But here are pics of my 'temporary' fix....the first pic is the driver's side, the second pic the passenger side.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts