Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I first chatted with Doc in '97/98 via the Tinkerers Guild forums.

The field I was playing at in Turkey had absolutely horrific "Stingray" plastic garbage markers. I was trying to figure out if there was anything to be done to make them any better. They had rebuild kits where you could do things like polish the barrels, put in better seals/gaskets, and generally tighten things up.

The problems were: 1. the kits were $20 per marker, and 2. the process took HOURS per EACH marker. I was a poor airman at the time and MWR wasn't going to cough up that kinda cash (They didn't have any kind of card to use on misc stuff back then. Now days, they could easily.)

Fast forward a few years... we landed at Eglin AFB and I got back into paintball, on a few forums and heard about a cool paintball web comic :D

Good times. :thumbs:

edit: read every single comic... a few times :D

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
You found him before I did then. I was involved with paintball back in the late 80s but only briefly. Got back into it in 2004 in a pretty big way and then had an on again, off again relationship with it. LOL Was on a sponsored Scenario Team for a while, played a big role in OK D-Day back in 2005 or 6 (can't remember...think it was 2005) and then had some big moments in 2014 before I got out for good. I ran everything from $99 Armotech Zues pistols to a Brass Eagle Nightmare long barrel pump to a Warsensor WS-66 with hop up backspin barrel in ACU camo and/or M203 Grenade Launcher to my Dye DAM with FLIR scope, 24" barrel and reflex sight. LOL Kind of a gamut. LOL

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You found him before I did then. I was involved with paintball back in the late 80s but only briefly. Got back into it in 2004 in a pretty big way and then had an on again, off again relationship with it. LOL Was on a sponsored Scenario Team for a while, played a big role in OK D-Day back in 2005 or 6 (can't remember...think it was 2005) and then had some big moments in 2014 before I got out for good. I ran everything from $99 Armotech Zues pistols to a Brass Eagle Nightmare long barrel pump to a Warsensor WS-66 with hop up backspin barrel in ACU camo and/or M203 Grenade Launcher to my Dye DAM with FLIR scope, 24" barrel and reflex sight. LOL Kind of a gamut. LOL
Well... he hadn't started making The Whiteboard way back when, lol... And no telling when I actually started reading it... Just call it "at the same time" lol!

The only marker I ever purchased was a Tippmann Pro Carbine. Still have it (granted, it's in pieces from me tinkering with it and losing interest). I've shot/used many other types. Autococker, automag, A5 w/flatline, Angel, Shocker, etc...

In many ways, I'm kinda glad I never got too far into it. I lived vicariously through the forums and never sank all that $$$ into stuff that would just be collecting dust in garages/sheds :banghead: :lol: :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
I played a lot and selling the DAM went into building my Sky so I have no complaints. Funny thing is, Bud Orr (inventor of the Autococker) lives out here and is a big Harley guy. Use to ride with him on occasion. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts